Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee45cee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Calculate the percent composition of copper
    Calculate the percent composition of copper in the hydrate CuSO4----5H2O based on the atomic weight data.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 02:26 AM

You can find that easily. Find the mass of copper in your formula. Ok? Now find the total mass of your formula (or substance). Since it is percantage, the divide the smaller value, that is the mass of copper by the total mass of the substance, then multiply by 100 to have the percentage.

Hope it helped!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to cap a copper water line: compression fitting or copper cap? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi all, Unsuccessfully tried to cap a copper water line by soldering a pre-soldered cap onto the end. Took all the proper steps, cleaned the ends of the pipe and fitting first, then applied flux around both. Wasn't quite sure what I should be heating, so I just heated everything. After my first...

How to calculate predetermine overhead allocation rate [ 2 Answers ]

The predetermined overhead allocation rate is based on estimated direct labor costs of $400k and estimated factory overhead of $500k. Would the answer be 400/500 = 80%?

Sweating copper to copper valve connections [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing my shower with a Moen system that has a Moentrol three function transfer valve Model 3330. The inlet and outlets are copper to copper. Other than removing the cartridges prior to sweating is their any particular trick to heating those connections on the valve? Thanks very much for...

% composition [ 1 Answers ]

If an experiment requires 5g of H2SO4 ,what volume of a 1% (w/w) solution should be used? Thanks

Copper pipes to cpvc: still ground the old copper? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... again... I have two copper stub outs that come into my garage, one the cold water in, which goes to my waterheater, and one hot water out, to the rest of the house, underground (slab construction). I will be re-plumbing my water heater and adding a bathroom from these lines, but I...

View more questions Search