Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gagal1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
    16 year old girlfriend

I am 18 years old and my girlfriend is 16 years old. Is there any legal matters I have to be concerned about,especially since the parents don't agree with our relationship?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 08:52 PM

You posted your question as a answer to someone else under small claims law.

I have moved this to criminal law as its own question.

Yes, where do you live and are you having sex. If the age of consent is older than 16 and you have sex, they can have you arrested for rape.

Also since you are a adult and she is a minor, they could try and have you charged with interfering with custody, if you take her someone and they have ordered you not to see her.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 08:55 PM

Yep, all depends on where yopu live. In my state you may be found guilty of statutory rape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 year girlfriend broke up with me. This sucks [ 169 Answers ]

Sitting around thinking isn't helping me much so I bring my story and ask for any advice possible. Maybe I'm looing at all this the wrong way. So me and my girlfriend were together for 4 years. I'm 30 and she is 24. We were friends for the first 1 year which was a little more than friends, some...

Girlfriend of 1 year and 3 months wants to be done. Is she worth it? [ 132 Answers ]

I really don't know where to start... first off, I am 17 years old, and dated an amazing girl since last September. Everything was great. First, she told me she wanted a break. For no reason, all she said is we fought too much. And she wanted to let loose with other guys. My friends tell me she...

Girlfriend wants no contact.until new year. [ 19 Answers ]

Here is my story. I've been dating a women eight years younger than me (I'm 34, she's 26) for a little more than two years. She's sweet, caring and trustworthy. However, there was one thing that became a problem. In February, my roommate (younger brother) moved out because he was having financial...

Me and my girlfriend of 1 year are on a break is it going to work out? [ 5 Answers ]

Well it starts like this me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship pretty much the longest one I have ever been in also the longest one she has ever been in she was my first for almost everything we also for the whole year hardly ever fought but after we hit the one year mark it seemed like...

4 year girlfriend ups and leaves.no particular or exact explination [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone.. I am having a bit of a problem.. my girlfriend broke up with me about 2 months ago.. we were together for 4 and ahalf years.. Ive already made the stupid mistake of chasing after her.. trying to talk to her.. begging for a chance.. throught out our relationship we were so in love.....

View more questions Search