Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Nov 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Vista vs XP
    Hi all,

I would like to ask something between Vista and XP. How do you think which one is more faster on Same Spec of hardware ? XP or Vista ?

I really would like to know it .

Thanks and Best Regards,
    ABB
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 01:47 AM
    It depends on the actual hardware and task, but here's a somewhat formal benchmark: Windows XP vs. Vista: The Benchmark Rundown : Is Windows Vista Faster Than XP? - Tom's Hardware.
    nexuspc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 06:15 PM

XP is faster. Period. Less memory usage / less kernel processes going on, better driver support
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 12:16 PM

xp is faster it usees less memory but vista has direct x10 better for games
    cooch Posts: 38, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 20, 2009, 12:27 PM

I agree that XP is much faster than Vista. Vista has a slower start up among other things. Vista is not popular and many people are reverting back to XP.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 21, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros View Post
    It depends on the actual hardware and task, but here's a somewhat formal benchmark: Windows XP vs. Vista: The Benchmark Rundown : Is Windows Vista Faster Than XP? - Tom's Hardware.

XP is faster by far, but XP on a FAT32 Partition is even faster yet. The downfall to this is that on a FAT32 partition you can't exceed file size of 4GB.

The other positive side to using a FAT32 partition is the cleaning steps taking here - Keepin' it Clean - Helljack6.com are extremely effective in helping to keep XP running a continuously optimal setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vista gets error message that "vista has timed out" while trying to back-up [ 2 Answers ]

This machine has been doing this for over a month and I can't solve the problem. When I attempt to back-up disk onto external drive I get the meesage that back-up is not complete because Vista has timed-out.

Vista or Mac OS X 10.4.8 [ 4 Answers ]

Which would you recommend for a student? I´m finishing high school next year, then I want to go to university...

Getting used to Vista [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to see more on this. My daughter has a new computer and doesn’t like Vista and complains about it. I would like to be able to offer her some suggestions. Ways to get used to it, or some more information on how to reinstall windows XP would be very helpful.

XP to Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Ok This is the situation Old Computer - Windows XP Home OE6 New Computer - Windows Vista - Microsoft Mail I saved all of the .dbx in OE6 (Including Folders.dbx) -I put all of the .dbx's on a CD-R disk -Copied Them To A Folder In Documents On Vista -I Ensure that the files are not read...

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

View more questions Search