Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clarkwms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Broken screw
    One of the two screws that fastens the toilet to the group broke on my toilet. The problem is part of the screw is still in the cement. How can I remove the broken portion from the cement and make repairs so the toilet will stop rocking/wobbling. The screw may have broken due to the rocking/wobbling
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 04:52 PM

Unscrew the other screw and remove the toilet. If your screws are set into closet ring, than remove the broken screw. Insert new one, use new wax ring and reinstall toilet. If your broken screw is indeed set into concrete slab, than either drill it out or drill right next to it. Insert new screw into bit of epoxy, let dry, and install your toilet.

If your toilet rocks than use wedges to support it on loose side and caulk with silicone around the base. Let dry overnight.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 07:39 PM

A screw called a Tapcon does a very good job of holding the flange down to the concrete.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I screw up? [ 11 Answers ]

I posted a topic about this girl I met here about a week and a half ago. Now on to why I'm posting this topic. We ended up meeting for dinner last Thursday. We were supposed to have lunch but she woke up late not feeling good so we just went out for dinner instead. I showed her around my place...

Did I screw up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Please any help would be great. There is this guy and he goes to my school. I have seen him around school and think he's super cute. I added him as a friend on Facebook and he accepted. Then today I sent him a private message saying this: Hey,I don't really know you but I've seen you...

Ok its new... its fun... I can't screw this up. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey Im having a great time with a girl the past few days, and we both have similar interest in each other. Now, what I need to know is. A) How do you slowly show a girl that you want to be more serious without giving her I'm the big wuss and folding for her every need? And B) What is the...

View more questions Search