Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nsb Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Husband's occasional flirting
    Hi... Im 29rs old Indian woman,n have a 2 yrs old kid.My husband is a nice guy at home and a caring father but when we go anywhere outside every time... all his attention is on beautiful woman around and he is constantly trying to impress them and he kind of makes me feel ignored.Previously he had this habit of putting his arms on them,or trying to touch them once type of nature but after constant fights he doesn't do that but still Id say he still desires to woo women all the time.
    One probable reason I can see is he is smart looking but thinly built (he is 6 feet and weighs 55 kgs) so he could be conscious of that so this way he boosts his ego.Im 5'3 n weigh 53 kgs and Im presentable and have good figure and I think I have a fairly pretty looks too.
    I can see that he tries to behave himself better in my presence and win my trust but Im not able to build my trust because I feel he is only getting better in acting.
    The other ting that has lost my trust is he would often lie to me that he is working and would go to play snooker most of the times after office..
    As I was also working I usually had lot of work due after office and to escape that and to have fun he would lie.
    For a while last year he was also in touch as a friend with his Ex Girlfriend who is married and with kids now but after my objection... I believe he has stopped all contact with her.
    Please help
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Dec 4, 2008, 09:52 PM

Your husband is not respecting your feelings. He either doesn't see, or doesn't care, that his behavior is causing you to feel excluded.

You can't control your husband or make decisions for him, but you can tell him how you feel (as you have been), and that his choices are making you wonder about how he feels about you.

I obviously don't know all the details of your situation. Maybe you are being overly sensitive, but maybe these are more serious signs of a marriage in trouble.

How much of this behavior are you willing to put up with?
    If he can't change, is it a deal breaker?

Answer these questions for yourself and I think you'll know what your next steps should be.
    diorgirl2382 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 09:54 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. To be honest, this man has very little respect for himself, let alone any for you. And what is he thinking "touching" random people? He'll learn his lesson w/that soon enough. He's extremely insecure, therefore needs attention to feed his own ego and remind himself that he is desirable. Personally, it's cheesy. And don't ever say you have "fairly pretty looks". Your character and sense of self-worth makes you gorgeous. If he can't see that, he's a lost cause. Don't waste your time trying to please him, or live up to expectations you THINK he has, live up to your own. Ditch this chump!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband's occasional flirting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Im 29rs old Indian woman,n have a 2 yrs old kid.My husband is a nice guy at home and a caring father but when we go anywhere outside every time... all his attention is on beautiful woman around and he is constantly trying to impress them and he kind of makes me feel ignored.Previously he had...

Occasional sparking inside microwave [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Sir, First of all I am very grateful for all the timely help have always received from you. Now I am having problem with my microwave. Sometimes, when I try to heat some vegetable(cooked) or lentils(cooked) it sparks and makes some roaring noise. After sometime, like after a few hours or...

Is he flirting or not ? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year. Although we have been together for 7 years. When I first met him I found it very difficult that he was still very good friends with all his ex girlfriends, even going as far back as his ex girlfriends from his early 20's. They are all in contact. ...

IS this Flirting ? [ 11 Answers ]

A guy walks over to a group of guys and one girl and says to HER " These guys will get you in trouble " then she flips her hair back and giggles??

Flirting [ 5 Answers ]

ok, i know how to flirt a little :o but I want to get this guy, who is my best mate....but i dunno how to flirt properly without looking stupid, can anyone help me?

View more questions Search