Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joel1066 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Virus disables antivirus software
    I have a virus on my Dell Inspiron that won't let me run antivirus software. When I try to boot in safe mode, I get a blue screen.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 05:05 PM

Whatever lovely virus you picked up will not let you run a virus program to get rid of it. I picked up a doozey virus back in Sept that ate all my files and programs out of my machine.

The only solution is to reload your operating system and then load everything else again or take your Dell to a computer geek store and let them do their thing which is basically to take everything off your hard drive and back it up and then reload your operating system and then reload your files.

My solution is to get a good internet antivirus protection system and get a stand alone external hard drive. Throw whatever you want to keep onto this external drive and keep a copy of your computer. This way in case you do have to "clean out" your system like I did back in Sept you won't lose all your valuable stuff. My external drive has been a very good investment in the long run.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 04:51 PM

You can start with a System Restore back to a few weeks back... that's less catastrophic than a OS reload.

START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE

After the restore is done, try running your AV quickly, or download MALWAREBYTES and give it a try to get you started:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Free antivirus software [ 14 Answers ]

Which is your opinion regarding best free anti virus software?

Unable to install antivirus as virus present in PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi friends I have many viruses(trojan and worms and many others) in my PC and I'm unable to install any of the antivirus in PC and I don't want to format my hard drive.so what should I do to install antvirus and remove all the viruses.

Best antivirus software till date? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know the best anti virus s/w till date in this world I've tried many and downloaded very good a/v s.w from downloads but I want even better s/w's

Need Free Commercial Antivirus Software [ 5 Answers ]

I am part of a company, Valdez Youth Awareness Coalition (YAC) and was wondering whether there was any free commercial antivirus software that I could download. I need it soon because I am connected with an unprotected computer.

Antivirus software [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best free antivirus software?

View more questions Search