Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123abcd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 12:05 PM
    How do you use the internet on my laptop in the car?
    How do you use the internet on my laptop in the car?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Mostly for checking Mapquest.com and Google Earth to see if you know where you're going, so we don't get lost.
    *hangs head* Sorry, couldn't resist.

Check with your local cellular providers to see what mobile broadband services they offer and where they offer it. Then subscribe and purchase a compatible USB or PCMCIA card to insert into the laptop. Portable satellite systems exist as well ($$).

This Connecting my laptop to the internet in the car post discusses hot-spot hopping as an alternative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop freezes on internet [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a new to me R40 Thinkpad 2.4G with 768mb. I purchased it used so the only thing on it is the normal Microsoft XP Pro software package. It has also Internet Explorer 7. Connection is DSL on a new Zoom ADSL X6 modem with a Linksys wireless card It totally freezes trying to get to some...

Connecting my laptop to the internet in the car [ 4 Answers ]

I have planned a five day trip and really prefer to have internet connection on my laptop to search about locations and help me guide my trip (I have a gps but Google earth and other things I can use on my laptop could be great help). I have thought of the at&t laptop connect card but I don't...

How do you use your desktop internet connection also with your laptop? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desktop internet connection and I recently purchased a laptop. Can I use my desktop connection also with my laptop? If so, how?

Panasonic laptop internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a panasonic laptop I have had it for a few years never used it that much.. never had the internet on it... but my question is can I get the internet on my (panasonic) laptop from my (home) computer? Is there any way I could do this? If you could get bak to me asap that would be awesomeee...

Laptop internet access [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so I just bought a dell inspiron 1721 and have no internet access with it. The owner's manual tells me that, in order to get access to the net, I need an "express card". OK, I've got that. But I've also had people tell me that I need a router too. Forgive me, but I know absolutely nothing about...

View more questions Search