Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Trouble with essay writing.
    My literature tests are coming soon... and I´m supposed to write an essay. Well, that would be easy, of course, but I have a difficult topic and that is Why is democracy good. Well, that wouldn´t be that hard of course, but I am allowed to write only the positives, not the negatives...

Im not asking you to write the essay for me, but Im really confused, because democracy has negatives too, and Im quite a honest person and it is hard for me not to write the negatives as well.

Again, I don't want you to do the thing for me, just give me an idea, Im used to being objective and realistic, and the tutor is asking me to write about the ideal democracy, which I just cannot do.

Once again, I don't want anyone to do this for me, just help me, give me an idea.

Thanks!

Have a nice day. :)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 11:53 AM

This thread is just what you are looking for,it is an unbiased opinions on a very similar topic,check it out!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politi...ad-286225.html

Nov 30, 2008, 12:00 PM

KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 12:05 PM

Did it help?

Tell me how it did.

Others can chime in and assist you if you write some on what you are going to turn in.

Nov 30, 2008, 01:11 PM

Okay, I just covered the whole thing in like two pages, I got the basics, but Ill write about 10... thanks dude!You're a helper.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Hi, dave146!

It would help if we could know the specific instructions that you were given by your instructor concerning writing the essay.

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2008, 11:48 AM

He didn't say anything, just write an essay, he's your topic, write it well, good luck... I have it on tape, if you want proof.
    yaode3zy Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 12:59 AM

From your lectures/class studies, you should have an idea of some possitive aspects of democracy.
    If it were me, I would prepare the essay in the typical "Intro," "Body," and "Conclusion" format. Within the body paragraphs, I would discuss the good points and support the points with how other political systems opperate and why democracy is better.
    In the conclusion, I would include something like "Democracy it not perfect, but democracy allows for all people to have a voice... etc. (restate you points)" as a concluding thesis.

That's my 2 cents on how I would approach this essay. Hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a essay [ 1 Answers ]

How do you identify an argument in a essay?

Writing an essay [ 3 Answers ]

How can I write an essay comparing and contrasting reading and writing?

Essay Writing [ 1 Answers ]

How can you treat the subject of your essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of your point of view?

Writing an essay [ 2 Answers ]

How does brainstorming prepare you for an essay outline?

Writing an essay [ 1 Answers ]

How can you treat the subject of your essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of your point of view?

View more questions Search