Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arseyme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 11:08 AM
    By boyfriend was flirting with my best friend
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now. My boyfriend, two of my girl friends that he had only mt once, his cousin and I , went to a club the other night. All day before the night, my boyfriend and I were really excited about one another and would not stop kissing and all. Anyway, we get to the club and suddenly his attention was on one of my friends. He was all over her, touching her each time he had. I kept moving away to see if he would sense that I was upset, but he did not stop. After the club, we went to an after party. Every chance he had, he would dance with her and from time to time come over to me. When I finally got him to myself, I told him I did not like the fact that he was all over my girlfriend and that I thought he was disrespecting me. He laughted and told my friend I was jealous. I explained to him what he had done all through the night, he then said he was sorry and did not notice he was doing that. I know I was not assuming wrongly because his cousin also noticed it, told him to stop flirting with my friend. He even come over to me and asked me to calm down and forgive my boyfriend. Of course, I could not make a scene and tried to act like I was okay. After I had a talk with me, he then decided to dance with me every chance he had. That hurt because I felt like he was doing so because of what I told him.
    He apologised, but I am not sure how I should handle this. He told me he felt embarrassed, went got into his car without sayign goodnight to my friends. Feeling really disrespected, I dropped my friends off and went to my house instead of spending the night at his place like we had planned.
    I know this is a long one, but what do I do now?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 04:22 PM

Sounds like your friend was disrespecting you just as much as he was. Why would she allow him to be all over her when she is your friend. I would let it slide this time but if he ever does anything like that again with ANY girl, he has already been told about it. I would dump him asap if he does it again. I don't know if he is just a big flirt that needed put in place or if he finds your friend irresistible but he should never treat another girl more special and leave you in the position he left you in.
    man33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 11:24 AM

Everyone deserves a second chance and maybe he is telling the truth or maybe he is just covering up so you want get upset with him. Just get him alone and tell him how you really feel about the situation and let him know that you would never disrespect him like that and as far as your best friend goes she knows what she was doing and evidently didn't care enough about you or herself to tell him to stop so I guess no I know she liked it. You will just have to be careful who you introduce your love ones to. My boyfriend did the same thing with my cousin and I was very mad and he apologized. I sat him down and told him how I felt and he hasn't done it since. Just talk to him and if it doesn't work out you know what you have to do girl even though it will be hard for you to do and trust me if it's meant to be it'll happen again trust me
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 12:14 PM

To be honest, reading your post, I was trying to figure out if you and your boyfriend have established that you're exclusive. To me that's just dumb to be out with you and your friends and be flirting with your friends... right in front of you. It doesn't make any sense. He either didn't mean any harm in it or he wasn't thinking... at all. And from the sound of it neither was your friend. Who lets their friend's significant other hang all over her? I would talk to your friend and ask why she didn't say anything.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 04:30 PM

If your boyfriend of a year can do this in front of your face I wonder what he does when your aren't out with out.

One time I went out with my friend and her boyfriend to a club and I got mad when he touched my butt and after I told him about himself he said his "sorrys" but I think if I didn't say anything he would've continue so yes your friend was wrong but so was your boyfriend.

Also, it sad that other people notice his wrong behavior and I think was disrespectful if it made you feel bad.
    KikiGirl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2009, 04:42 PM

Well... try to forgive him for it. Your friend, if she let him be all over her, she's not a good friend then.

Don't worry too much, that happened to me as well. My boyfriend is spending a hell lot of time with my friend, and seems to be flirting with her as well... I confronted him about it, and all he did was ignore me.

At least your boyfriend APOLOGIZED. If he did that, try forgiving him, and let him have a second chance.
    missemme Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2011, 08:53 PM
    I think that he probably had too much to drink or he and your friend got to talking and realized that they had chemistry... or it could be both. Regardless of what it was, it is not a good sign that he just ignored you for the entire night... being with someone like that is not going to make you feel good about yourself, you are probably still feeling insecure about having your friends around him NOW... I am not putting blame on anyone but I think that as soon as you think you can move on, do so, because a guy like that is going to erode yourself esteem... We all deserve someone who only has eyes for us!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friend into boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Hey... My best friend and I have been really close for a long time. Our other friends always joked about us spending a lot of time together and that we would make a great couple. I love him a lot -but like a brother... never wanting to lose him over a breakup so the thought of dating never crossed...

Best friend had sex with my boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I had this friend we have been really good friends for 2 and half years now.. then freashman year she started acting really slutty and hooking up with 2 or 3 guys in a night. We all got worried about her so we confronted her about it and the problems we had she completely went off when all we were...

Boyfriend or friend? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so, a friend of mine is dating this guy and they have been dating for only a month and have known each other for 7 years. He works out of town and when he is gone he is the sweetest guy ever towards her, but when he is in town he doesn't act like that, he doesn't rarely want to kiss her she...

My friend keeps dating/flirting my ex b/f's! Help [ 14 Answers ]

Bare with me I am new to this. I am pretty open minded, and can see both sides of a situation. I am having a hard time with this one, so here goes... I will try to keep this short and sweet. Me and my friend have a wonderful friendship, nothing to complain about. However, a few months ago she...

My best friend and my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this guy friend and we were really close and then I got a boyfriend and he got mad at me and now he's like not talking to me as much and when I try to cal l him he won't answer his phone and it kills me and you I lovee my boyfriend and I want to stay with him but I don't know what to...

View more questions Search