Nov 30, 2008, 10:00 AM

Help----my 6 week old puppy has fleas
    mummel deig Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Help me... my 6 week old puppy has fleas and I also hose a 23 year old cat
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2008, 10:43 PM

Here's the same question addressed another time here.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/6...eas-13574.html

Besides treating the puppy and the cat, you should thoroughly clean and vacuum your house or apartment, especially along the edges of the floor and any cracks. Tiny flea larvae live in dust and eat organic matter in undisturbed areas. So anything you can do to remove that and the larvae themselves will reduce the number that come back. Dog fleas and cat fleas are actually different species, so your cat's fleas could be bothering the puppy, or the puppy could have easily been infected with dog fleas from some other source.

If the fleas are very bad, you can use an insecticide "flea bomb." But make sure you follow the directions carefully and take the puppy and the cat away for a couple of days while the house is airing out. They say a few hours, but personally I would not take children or animals back in until the house was vacuumed and aired out thoroughly for a day or two...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to treat 6 week old puppy for fleas [ 2 Answers ]

I've just got a new puppy, whitch is only 6 week old. Its covered with fleas, and I'm not sure on how to treat it safely. Any ideas please.

5 week old puppie has fleas [ 3 Answers ]

Five week old puppy has fleas. How do I get rid of them.

Fleas and 7 week old pup [ 1 Answers ]

Just adpoted a 7wk old puppy and she is infested with fleas and ticks what can I use

6 Week Old Puppy has Fleas! [ 8 Answers ]

Are 2 older dogs had fleas, so got 2 flea collars for them. Now are puppy is getting fleas and she is only 6 weeks old, what's the best treatment for a puppy so young? Also what's best for the older dogs?

6 week old kitten with fleas [ 11 Answers ]

Our new kitten came home with fleas! The vet applied a topical to him, and we were told to vacuum and wash everything he came into contact with. He has been at our house only 36 hours and was in one room- we have done all that the vet told us to do-- will this solve the problem, do you know? ...

View more questions Search