Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexx579 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Internet Explorer error message, and no download capabilities w/ Firefox
    I am having a problem with Internet Explorer. Every time I try and open up IE, a message pops up "the ordinal 13 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and IE 7 does not even open up.

This is where the other problem lies. I also have Firefox 3, when I try and download anything it gives me this message that it can't download anything. I literally can not download anything using Mozilla Firefox 3.0, and this is frustrating. Is there a simple fix or do I just need to junk my computer??
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 14, 2008, 10:22 PM

First things first, go to Windows Update and download the available updates, especially SP3. Verify that there are no viruses and/or spyware on the computer.

Regarding Firefox:

This error can occur if the history.dat file is set to "read-only" [1][2]. Open the Firefox profile folder, check the properties of the "history.dat" file and remove the "read-only" attribute, if set.

From: Source file could not be read - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Firefox explains "Unable to save or download files" at:

Unable to save or download files - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer error message [ 1 Answers ]

How can I repair this error message? Url:res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

Internet Explorer Error Message [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP Home SP 2 When I close my browser Internet Explorer I get an error message IEXPLORER.EXE 0x03d74de1 at 0x00000000. Click OK to close. I do this & it closes. All works OK after. Not a big problem but irritating & may be a warning of a bigger fault.

Error Message Internet Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting this error message occasionally on different web sites: The instruction “at 0x74986b37” referenced memory at “0x00000024”. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. I have not figured out why it occurs on some sites, and could not find an answer on MSN...

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been thinking of getting that Firefox browser, I'm just not sure of what the if I should get it or not. Sure the website says they're all that and more but what do the people say about it? I mean is it as good as the website says, or is there anything wrong with it and whatnot. What...

View more questions Search