Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kacooper117 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Crack around shower base drain
    I have a shower base with a crack around the drain. Can this be repaired temporarily so water will not leak below?:mad:
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2008, 09:59 PM

Cast Iron tub?

Plastic resin/fiberglass tub?

Plastic drain,metal drain?

Pop-up drain?

A little more info please.

KBC
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 30, 2008, 06:36 AM
    I'm going to assume that you have a plastic shower base that's cracked. Last ditch effort! Dry the area off with a hair dryer to remove all moisture from the crack and caulk with epoxy cement. Give it plenty of time to set up and cure before you step in it.
    Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom
    Handyman4U Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    I'm gonna assume that you have a plastic shower base that's cracked. Last ditch effort! Dry the area off with a hair dryer to remove all moisture from the crack and caulk with epoxy cement. Give it plenty of time to set up and cure before you step in it.
    Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom

Clean with alcohol ( cleans, drys quick with no residew) before epoxy cement or any sealant. Silicone, epoxy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting shower base to existing basement floor drain? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at installing a shower in our basement. I want to use a store bought shower base and I am not sure if I can use the existing floor drain in the basement. First of all there are 2 floor drains located 5 feet apart from each other in my basement. One is next to the water hearter and I...

Crack in shower base [ 9 Answers ]

I have an acrylic shower base that is only about 3 years old. I noticed today that it has a 3" crack in it about an inch from the drain. I checked it out downstairs and noticed the wood was discolored. So it must have been leaking for awhile. Is there any way that I can fix it without replacing it?...

Drain in a fiberglass shower base [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a fiberglass shower base. The home store told me to install a 2 inch shower drain. When I returned home and tried to install the drain, it would not fit through the hole in the base. The hole measures 1 7/8 inches.The waste line is the standard 2 inches. Do I need a special drain?

4 Inches off prebuilt shower base drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I an so novice. I just bought a $500.00 shower kit. The whole in the base does not fit the drain in my floor. It's a concrete floor. 1st floor. Its off by 5 inches. Does this mean I will need to hire someone to dig up the concrete for 5 inches and redrain. That is going to cost money I...

Crack in Drain Stack: Looking for Options [ 1 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I know nothing about plumbing... Recently, we discovered a leak along a drain pipe that flows down from a second-floor bathroom. The amount of water running down the side of the pipes when the fixtures are running is a minimal but steady flow. We have had two separate...

View more questions Search