Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nannynsc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Home based cookie business
    I have been baking and selling hand-decorated sugar cookies from my home. I am getting a good client base and a lot of visibility. What steps should I take in making my business "legal"? Do I apply for LLC? Has anyone had any experience with this? I live in Virginia and this is all very overwhelming , I love doing the cookies, but I worry that I may not be able to continue working from my home?
    Thanks so much for your input.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 06:42 PM

You need to check to make sure it is okay to sell from home in your area, Especially edible foods they may require an inspection of your kitchen.
    Where I live you are allowed to sell food from your home but it is best to check into product liability and any other insurance that you might need. You can apply for a vendors license so that you can sell at festivals and other events. You can apply for a Tax identification number so that you can buy wholesale without paying taxes. You can check through the small business association in your area for all your options and requirements.
    They may even be able to help you with grants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 2 Answers ]

Want to start home based business. Suggest some. How about internet jobs? Are they good or bad

How to start a home based cookie dough business? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information to start a cookie dough business to supply to local businesses.

Home based business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know about the online business without any investment . I mean that ,the online business network for house wife without any investment

How do I start a home base Cookie business [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to start a home base cookie business... I already know that I am not going to be able to do so from my house... so I will to do so from else where... Can i rent a kitchen.. (that would be the best) and where do I beginning my search ? I live in Houston TX (Katy area). What...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search