Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwbil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
    2005 Town & Country Oil Leak
    My 2005 Town and Country with only 44K miles is leaking oil. It looked like the leak might have been the oil pan gasket. So I put a new gasket on and cleaned everything. After replacing the gasket it is still leaking, but this time the oil is only leaking between the engine and transmission area. So I am thinking rear seal, but wanted to get any other thoughts here. You can see oil dripping down the Transaxle Cover Plate. You have to remove this plate in order to remove the oil pan. If I lift the hood, I do not see any leak from the top area. Kind of depressing that a 2005 with only 44K is leaking oil.

Thanks in advance,
    Robert
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 04:43 PM

Try cleaning everything thoroughly with brake cleaner--it may give you a clearer picture of where the leak really is. Frequently, leaks are higher up the engine than you initially think. Instead of trying to track them from the bottom up, try tracking them from the top down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 chrysler Town and Country won't blow heat! [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country it will not blow any heat out. Have checked the relays and fuses. Any other suggestions? I can have it on high and it may everyonce in a while barley feel heat coming from the front vents. Back vents will not blow either.

1998 town & country [ 3 Answers ]

Hello , I starting to see some oil leakage directly underneath the crankshaft on my T&C making it look like an oil pan gasket leak So can anyone tell me if this is the front seal that I might need and if its fairly easy to replace myself I'm somewhat mechanical any help whould whould be great...

Engine Oil Leak/Antifreeze Leak--2001 Chrysler Town and Country [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 T & C has 82K and what I am told, by a reputable source,but not a mechanic, is an engine oil leak. The leak seems to be toward the front and middle. I haven't noticed an oil smell, any smoke, etc... but we are also trapped in below zero weather in Nebraska. I was also told there is an...

96 town and country van won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 96 town & country van 3.8 liter engine. I am getting gas, my spark plugs are wet. I am getting electricity. I have replaced my coil pak and my cam chaft sencer, even replaced my number 1 and 2 position spark plugs. The cables are good and everything else checks fine. I am at a loss....

View more questions Search