Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    alty, the arab in cairo (with the camel) was far more interesting then the mountie. I must send you pics some time, or, maybe not. It will destroy my pristine image on the forum and not allow me to further my ambitions.

Well now you've got me curious, so you have to tell. We won't tell anyone, right Linny? Mum's the word, your secrets are safe with us, we'll even change your name when we write our book, so no worries. ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 07:41 PM

I am thinking very seriously of baring all... I know you girls will not think I am a loose woman by divulging my secrets which many may benefit by.

Tune in for the first chapter of... as the forum turns...
    Pets Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 07:42 PM

Oooh, when does it start, when? I can't wait. Do we get the whole story at once or bits and pieces every day?

As for being a loose women, Tickle, trust me, you ain't got nothing on me. That didn't sound right. :(
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 08:32 PM

Me at 66. Alty, although very well put together, yes I think I have a lot on you... no that doesn't sound right either... let me think about this... get back to you... sorry. Let me see, arab, mountie, scotty with the kilt and other thing, and then,mmm. Yes we better leave this for another day, after I sleep on it... or..
    Pets Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 08:38 PM

Just let me know when so I can make popcorn. :)

Oooooh, a good story, can't wait. :)
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 09:01 PM
    It is an interesting conundrum. :)

If I were out with my b/f or husband, and a woman sent him a drink, I wouldn't think it was without a reason, and whatever the reason was, I wouldn't like it.

If I was with a bunch of girlfriends, and received a drink, I'd accept it, and realize that doesn't give someone 'license' to talk to me, expect me to dance with them, or follow them home. All I would say, is 'thank you', no explanation needed.

If I were single, and sent a guy a drink, I would hope that he'd 'get it' and thank me for it, and maybe dance, have a conversation etc. But, if there was no response to my drink, I would not pursue it. I would take it as a polite rejection.

But, to think there is nothing intended is maybe a bit naïve? :confused:
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 12:25 AM

It's a drink, not a proposal. If the drink has been poured, he's paying for it anyway. Send a thank you through the bartender. If he approaches, which he certainly will, and you are in a relationship simply tell him, "that was so sweet of you and it's great to meet you, but I should be honest and let you know I'm engaged." If you aren't into him, just have small talk for a few minutes and then excuse yourself and end the converstaion. Thank him without giving the wrong idea. "Oh, that was so kind of you but no, I'm sorry, I don't feel comfortable giving you my phone number". If he persists, "please don't take it personally, I just don' t wish to dance with you (go out with you, follow you to the next club, whatever).

You certainly can reject a drink and the right time to do that is if it's someone who's out of line in any way, who appears to expect something for the drink, who you know and who is trying to control you in this way knowing you want them to leave you alone, or if they are just weird or creepy and it feels like the right thing to do. And certainly, reject it if you are on a date or with your partner. Just tell the waiter, "Well, that was thoughtful but I'm here with my boyfriend, and only feel comfortable accepting drinks from him."
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    It's a drink, not a proposal.
    Absolutely love this line, dkn.

It doesn't have to be much more complicated than this, but we are all experts at mucking things up and making simple things convoluted. Dammit occam... I trusted you.

Tho' a few too many drinks might lead to a premature proposal...
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 04:23 PM

Hi KP,dontknownuthin, et al. Date rape drugs (introduced into very nice looking little cocktails with umbrellas) are manufactured in home labs. Date rate drugs cannot be dectected upon first taking a sip and conversation goes on as usual until the nice young man talks lovely lady into going outside for a smoke and fresh air. Wammo. Fresh air hits and nice young man is going to score in about l hour.

If you think this is far fetched... I don't think so. It is all so innocent and the 'nice young men' who frequent these bars looking for cuties, will succeed.

Ms tickle on her soapbox

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who offers under 65 medicare supplemental insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My brother in-law is disabled and has medicare A and B. I am having difficulty finding a company that offers a supplemental policy to a medicare disabled person who is under 65. He lives in Chicago Illinois and is on a very limited income.

Sellers are not accepting our offers. [ 4 Answers ]

Apparently it's a buyer's market, but so far we have had 2 offers rejected by two different sellers in the past month. What are we doing wrong? About two weeks ago, we placed an offer and the seller verbally countered and we verbally accepted their counter. Key word: verbally. The selling agent...

Sexual offers by an ex-boyfirend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone Just going on a rant. My ex broke up with me in January. We hadn't spoken or seen each other in that whole time. But he said hi to me on msn as few weeks ago. So to be nice ( I don't know why cause he didn't deserve it) I said hi back. Just had a bit of a catch up, and that was...

Checking out internet offers [ 3 Answers ]

What website can I visit to check out if the business offers sent unsolicited through email are legit? I know that if they ask you for a "membership fee," you'd better be wary, but their offers can be so tempting! Offers I'm talking about are those that say that I'd get paid for my opinions, etc....

View more questions Search