Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uvware Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Nov 29, 2008, 05:51 AM
    What to do with a Violent Felony? SAN DIEGO
    My brother, who is 29 years old now has a violent felony on his record. He received it when he was 18 years old for getting in a fight with steel toed boots. He also has a drug possession felony on his record as well. Recently, he decided to get help and has been sober for 1 year. He wants to have a life, get a job and hopefully get back his family and be able to support them.

He can't find a job here in San Diego. I think it's because of his felonies and he has a lot of facial tatoos (he looks like he's in a gang). He's gone to the shipyards, organizations to help felons and applying for manual labor jobs.

What should he do? I just don't know how to help him or where to get advice. I've never been arrested so this situation is totally foreign to me.

Any advice? Or if you know of someone or a company in San Diego willing to give him a chance please respond.
    Thank you!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Hello u:

Get the tattoos removed and tell him to visit small mom and pop shops...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

San diego ca Thanksgiving vacation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to rent a house or condo, the dates can be easily changed, but around Nov 20 to 26th. I want to have a full kitchen and dining area to host Thanksgiving dinner for from 6 to 12 adults. The number of bedrooms isn't critical as guests can stay in hotels, or with us if the place were to...

San diego [ 1 Answers ]

What is the distance between studio city, ca. and san diego, ca?

Thinking of moving from St paul to san diego [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking it might be best to fly there and ship my stuff to myself. I wouldn't be taking much. I'd be leaving all furniture excenpt maybe an end table or something. I'd buy a bed and couch when I get there. Does anyone know the best cheap way to pull this off? I'd just be shipping some...

Animal Rights and San Diego Zoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Everyone, How are you? I usually do not like to visit zoos because not all of them treat animals in the right way. However, I have heard many good things about San Diego Zoo, but would like to verify that either with a respectable Web site or with an animal rights activist before I visit the...

View more questions Search