Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Hello again S:

I'm sorry you didn't get my communication. The problem, however, ain't with my delivery.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassysback View Post
    Cred obviously has not read the book of Revelations if he thinks Jesus is all about Peace and sweetness. :rolleyes:
    No "s" at the end of Revelation, please.

That book has already come to pass.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassysback View Post
    Haha.. you said " (Jews) DON'T discriminate against gay people for one, and they don't think their religion is right and the rest of 'em are wrong."
    So i just gave you two perfect examples of Jews who are homophobic therefore your statement is faulse. You may need to rephrase your statement. :rolleyes:

Well now I think we have found SassyT. Sounds like her, similar user name, in fact, it's pretty much advertising that she's SassyT.

Sassy, I personally don't know any Jews that are homophobic, so can I say that Jews don't discriminate against Gays?

I also know many Catholics that molested their children, so can I say that most Catholics are child molesters?

I don't think you're understanding Excons statement, maybe if you read it again? :rolleyes: (hey, look, I can roll my eyes too :))
    Sassysback Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 10:40 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Well now I think we have found SassyT. Sounds like her, similar user name, in fact, it's pretty much advertising that she's SassyT.
    Yes it is SassyT I'm back :cool:

Sassy, I personally don't know any Jews that are homophobic, so can I say that Jews don't discriminate against Gays?
    No, that is why I corrected Excon on making generalised statements.

[QUOTE]
    I also know many Catholics that molested their children, so can I say that most Catholics are child molesters?

I don't think you're understanding Excons statement, maybe if you read it again? :rolleyes: (hey, look, I can roll my eyes too :))
    I think you are the one who has things twisted. Excon made a generalised blanket statement that ALL Jews are not Homophobic and that ALL Christains are homophobic. This is a faulse statement. That all I was saying because I know both Christians and Jews who are not Homophobic and I know Both Christains and Jews who are.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 5, 2008, 04:25 PM

Briefly, God gave Man 4,000 years to prove that man CANNOT be good, no matter how many rules he is given.
    Then, He sent His Son to keep those rules perfectly and is willing to credit mankind with the keeping of said rules IF mankind will simply accept it.

The matter of the wars and history of Israel is simply too long to explain in this venue.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 09:24 AM

I think that inthebox and all the Christians answered this quite well but Galveston summed it up best here.
    If others can not comprehend then it is that they do not have to spiritual eyes to see.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Cred:

Well, lemee see here. The Jews follow the Old Testament - and they're pretty good people. They DON'T discriminate against gay people for one, and they don't think their religion is right and the rest of 'em are wrong.

Christians do that stuff. So, maybe having a real mean God is good for you.

excon
    Ex,

You err. Read the Old testament. THEY DID think that their GOD was the ONLY God AND in fact if you wanted to worship him you had to go to only their temple. I think in Israel even today you will find the orthodoxed jew still believes this even now. :)

Cred,

You ever going to say you are sorry... SassyT is is back... and she isn't ME! :p
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No "s" at the end of Revelation, please.

That book has already come to pass.
    Wondergirl,

Hello? Revelation has come to pass?. umm I don't THINK so.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Wondergirl,

Hello? Revelation has come to pass???...umm I don't THINK so.
    Oh, yes, it has!
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Dec 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Really Wondergirl? But false religion is still rife (Babylon the Great) and the devil still roams about the earth so in what way has it come to pass?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    Really Wondergirl? But false religion is still rife (Babylon the Great) and the devil still roams about the earth so in what way has it come to pass?
    I'm a Partial Preterist.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Dec 7, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Oooh! That would explain it then.
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 10:00 PM

I don't see how people can believe Revelation has come to pass.
    After the 7 years tribulation comes the millennium of peace. For one thing have we had a thousand years of peace or are we in a thousand years of peace?
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Went through twice and can't find the delete button
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:20 AM

Nohelp,

I agree. Revelation hasn't happened at all but it will. I mean, are you going to tell me that Satan has been thrown in the bottomless pit for 1000 years AND the anit-christ a falst prophet are sent alive to the lake of fire.. let alone the whole great white throne judgement.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 8, 2008, 04:55 PM

There are many people who fail to understand what was going on during the time when Israel took that area known then as Caanaan land. God made a promise to Eve and in order to bring that to pass, Israel had to maintain the family line. If it had amalgamated with any foreign nation, that line would have been lost.

There is something else to consider too. Foreigners could become citizens of Isreal if they wanted to. Even though Jerico was to be destroyed, some of its inhabitants became members of Isreal, to wit, Rahab and her family (number unknown). In fact, Rahab was in the lineage of Jesus of Nazareth, as was Ruth, the woman from Moab.

Even under the Old Covenant, mercy could be obtained.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Dec 10, 2008, 03:00 PM

Cred -

Without quoting bible verses, I will give you my take. The New Testament is absolutely no different than the Old Testament.

Paul says in Romans that whoever pursues his own self-interests will face the "wrath and fury of God."

Jesus said that when he returns that there will be a separation: those who believe in God will be spared from wrath but to those who don't believe "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Jesus said it would be worse for the city that rejects him on the day of judgment than for Sodom and Gemorrah... you know the story there, both cities were completely blown away (how much worse can it get?).

Jesus also says that on the day of judgment that many will come to him and say that they did many things in his name but that he never knew them and cast them into outer darkness.

My point is that you said the New Testament was less violent and more peaceful than the Old Testament... I don't think you've really read the New Testament very carefully because it is filled with language about God's wrath and his destruction of all those who practice immorality.

I know you didn't want to have bible verses quoted but how can you tell someone to stand on one leg without using a leg... it can't be done. Perhaps you want to see the New Testament in a touchy-feely, warm and fuzzy light; but since you have a low opinion of the Old Testament and the God of the Old Testament, why not be all the more willing to go the whole distance and see the New Testament the same way? At least you'd be critically honest then. But if you will not even allow someone to give you evidence from the New Testament that it is a bloody, condemning, wrath-inducing book, then you are not being honest at all... in my most humble opinion.

FYI, I happen to believe the New Testament but I am just trying to use your language concerning the Old Testament to get across my point... so any other readers who profess belief in the New Testament, my statements are not an indictment of the book.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester
    ... The New Testament is absolutely no different than the Old Testament.
    I have no problem that you BELIEVE so. But for any unbiased person there is a clear difference to see between the OT and the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by jakester
    My point is that you said the New Testament was less violent and more peaceful than the Old Testament...I don't think you've really read the New Testament very carefully because it is filled with language about God's wrath and his destruction of all those who practice immorality.
    You think incorrectly. The different tenor between the two parts is clear to see for every unbiased reader.
    Please note that one of your conclusions was correct : posting selected quotations from the bible are a total waste - at least as far as I am concerned. Almost everything can be "proved" and "disproved" by bible text quotations. Just another book, chapter, paragraph, line...

Thanks for your reaction !

:)

Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    I have no problem that you BELIEVE so. But for any unbiased person there is a clear difference to see between the OT and the NT.
    For those who have taken the time to study both, there is no difference.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    For those who have taken the time to study both, there is no difference.
    For those who agree with that, I advice an urgent visit to a good optician...

:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 63 Answers ]

Where specifically in the Catholic or KJV Bible does it say you cannot ever eat meat on a Friday and where specifically does it say the word 'Purgatory'? If the word 'Purgatory' is in the Catholic version of the Bible, why is it not in the KJV? Thank you. Zsuzsanna

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

Before the Bible. [ 29 Answers ]

Here is another thought provoking question about the Bible or lack there-of. I believe the Bible was written 300 years A.D. Let's take all the millions of people that walked the Earth before the Bible with all it's rules were even known to anyone. How did they know what rules to follow? Did they...

What does te Bible say about. [ 7 Answers ]

What does the Bible have to say about Marijuana smoking? I would love to know if it's a sin (I assume it is) and why... if anyone could help I would appreciate it! Thanks .

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

View more questions Search