Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erica renee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 12:17 AM
    I don't have the money but I want my niece and nephew around a good eviroment
    If I got custody of my niece and nephew would I get help money wise?
    erica renee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 12:43 AM
    I don't know what to do
    My sister, is 28 has already had 5 kids. The fist 2 were both adopted out right off the bat. The children's & family's services said she was an un fit mother. The next two she has, they are 7 and 5, her most recent son who is 8 months don't live with her, the grandma has custody.
    With the 7 and 5 yr. olds, she doesn't take care off them right. She doesn't have a job, doesn't want to get one. She cons men she doesn't know to send her money. She doesn't clean her any house were she stays. And always getting kicked out because of her habits. And not paying rent.
    She doesn't watch her kids or make them behave. She thinks she can buy them toys and that all she has to do. She don't show them love she buys them off. My 5 yr. old nephew got hit by a truck about a month ago, because she wasn't outside watching him, and he was playing in the street. But he is OK, thank you lord, he's OK.
    They (7 & 5 yr. old) both still pee and poop in their pants and to bed, then wake up and run around naked while she sleeps. They don't get 3 normal meals a day, they eat junk food. And she doesn't make them brush their teeth. My niece already has an abess tooth, and my nephew complaing of tooth aches all the time.
    My niece and nephew both also think that it is OK to go around hitting and kicking people.
    They both rarely go to school and if they do they are always late.
    So you see she is not the best of a mother. But when children services comes in, she acts totally different the complete opposite.
    Now I want to fight for the custody, because she is currently in a homeless shelter, and I don't think they should grow up in a life style like they are.
    Me and my husband both want them but we don't really have the money . What we were wondering. Is do you get assistance with money if you just have custody? Because that would be a great help. They would have all the love they need and the right up bringing. We would just need help with money. Would she have to contribute?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Foster care provide a monthly check for each child. It is not nearly as much as foster parents should get to provide for the children they are caring for, but it helps. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

Missing sister, nephew and niece. What do I do now? [ 4 Answers ]

I have contacted the local police department and the county police department informing them of my sister's apparent disapperance.the only reason I say "apparent" is because no one has legal right to just walk into her home to rule out foul play or if she and her boyfriend just abandoned...

Custody of niece and Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My sister died of cancer a year ago, leaving behind two sons and a daughter. I lived with my brother and law for a short period, trying to help with the children, but I found it difficult to get work done and very crowded. So I got my own house, and I took the youngest of the children (with my...

Ny niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My niece and nephew were taken away from their parents and arenow living with a foster family while the investigation continues. What rights do I have as the aunt? What do I do to get them out of the system and in my care? A friend told me about foster parent training; how do I go about starting...

Custody of ny niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My younger sister asked me to help her out for a week or two by taking her son(2yrs) and her daughter(7mo.), its has been a little over a month but it seems as if my sister does not want to take responsibility of her children, which is not a problem for me because I would love to have them with me,...

View more questions Search