Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liasdaughter Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Nov 28, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Conversation with deceased persons
    My I have a question, please?

I do have a friend. I like to speak to her. She sounds sensitive, and is way past the age of making jokes.

She tells me that she can see deceased persons, often at their funeral, standing there among the mourners, and even speaks to them.

She told me that she can see and speak to her own deceased mother, (deceased decades ago), hugging her, kissing her, and also to her deceased husband, and not in her dreams !

As I said, I like her bubbly personality, she cheers me up when I feel down, which is often since I lost my own, very much loved and missed mom.

But, I still find it difficult to accept her experience. Not to mention, how much I, too, would love to see my own mom, even just for a second !

Could she be right, or is that all just a wistful imagination on her part ?

Thank you very much for any sincere answer. Wishing you all the best, too !
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 30, 2008, 12:21 PM

Well it is hard to believe something like that no doubt. See she has like a 6th sense, I do too but I don't actually "see" them, I get visions and messages... I tend to believe if I can get those then there must be people out there who can see them with their very own eyes. We are only separated by energy? (Well that's what I think anyhow) Does your friend give you messages from your mom? How do they make you "feel" and how does it "touch" your heart?

Nov 30, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxaprilwine View Post
    Well it is hard to believe something like that no doubt. See she has like a 6th sense, I do too but I don't actually "see" them, I get visions and messages...I tend to believe if I can get those then there must be people out there who can see them with their very own eyes. We are only separated by energy? (Well thats what I think anyhow) Does your friend give you messages from your mom? How do they make you "feel" and how does it "touch" your heart?
    Thank you very much for answering ! I do appreciate it very much !

Yes, she told me about my mother, three times.

1. See her on a woody, mountanous area. Just see her walking on a road, smiling.

2. See her in a hospital-like room. She told me my mom is still recovering in a hospital like state, where souls are recovering after passing over, and she was more ill than I thought she was.

3. Recently, she told me that my mom is happy that I am accepted her passing.

And once she said, my mom had a message, telling about some personal issues.

My feelings:

For the first one, she gave a close enough description of how she looked. (medium built, medium weight, brown hair tied together) But, the first thing that came to my mind, hearing it, that somehow it was not so personal. She hardly ever went out without covering her hair, and she did not wear it tied together all the time.

For the second one I did not know what to think, but was happy to speak about her, I always am.

For the third time, I do not agree. I still miss her very much, I do not feel the pain lessened.

For the message, most of it was inappropriate, totally different from my mom's character, but she said, that people change in life, change also when crossed over.

Other than these, there are no personal message from her.

Thank you, again, and please, if it is possible, could you tell me your opinion? Wishing you, too, all the best. Kind regards: Liasdaughter

Nov 30, 2008, 05:19 PM

Well I think everyone sees spirits differently but if you do not feel a connection then chances are there isn't a connection and your friend could be trying to assist you in feeling better about it. Maybe she is being totally honest with you and is receiving the messages incorrectly. I find when talking about the deceased that it is a sensitive subject to the family member and to use extra care and ensure only correct information is passed as this could frustrate both the deceased and the living.

1. I suppose anyone can take an educated guess about what she might look like but they may change their appearance and be younger or older. They may also be accompanied be a companion as well. To see her on a woody/mountain terrain area evidencing abundant and lush greenery/forestry to me says that she is prospering, growing, full of life, neutered (in the womb of mother earth) and the word "fertility" and "youth" is coming to me... not sure why? Also for her to walk down a road signifies to me life - twists, turns, uphill, downhill, straight, clear conditions, bad conditions, road conditions, flowers by the road... it all means something about life and our path in life... not so much the path after life. It could resemble difficulties or successes or a difficult decision to make in a splitting road. To me it sounds like advice is being given in the vision. Are you expecting success? Or have you a really difficult personal decision to make?

2. When you say that your friend had a vision that your mother was in a hospital... it made a lot of sense for me. It is recovery and care. You are tremendously affected by your mothers passing and have had a very hard time accepting and moving on... you have only grieved some but she is telling you to heal. If she was ill then you will probably hear some unpleasant news about her and she may be telling you not to believe it. All in all, I don't agree with her assessment of spirits recovering after crossing over... they enter a better place death is by no means painful but peaceful... I suppose the circumstance of death would be arguable but if someone accepts their death then they truly live.

3. If you haven't accepted her passing then obviously this is not true... maybe she should have said "your mother is in a better place, be happy for her, celebrate her life and cherish her memories".

Is there anything in your life that could relate to what I said? If not then you have your answer. I believe that you may also be upset that she is receiving the message and you are not. I can promise you that you have seen her in many dreams (sometimes we forget them the next morning) pay close attention to the details surrounding it as well. She is always with you. I hope that helps and I am very sorry for your loss, warmest blessings this season.

Xox
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 06:24 PM

I beliee when we lose someone we love and are very close to, we can believe we see and hear many things.

Nov 30, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Well I think everyone sees spirits differently but if you do not feel a connection then chances are there isn't a connection and your friend could be trying to assist you in feeling better about it. Maybe she is being totally honest with you and is receiving the messages incorrectly. I find when talking about the deceased that it is a sensitive subject to the family member and to use extra care and ensure only correct information is passed as this could frustrate both the deceased and the living.

1. I suppose anyone can take an educated guess about what she might look like but they may change their appearance and be younger or older. They may also be accompanied be a companion as well. To see her on a woody/mountain terrain area evidencing abundant and lush greenery/forestry to me says that she is prospering, growing, full of life, neutered (in the womb of mother earth) and the word "fertility" and "youth" is coming to me...not sure why? Also for her to walk down a road signifies to me life - twists, turns, uphill, downhill, straight, clear conditions, bad conditions, road conditions, flowers by the road...it all means something about life and our path in life...not so much the path after life. It could resemble difficulties or successes or a difficult decision to make in a splitting road. To me it sounds like advice is being given in the vision. Are you expecting success? Or have you a really difficult personal decision to make?

2. When you say that your friend had a vision that your mother was in a hospital...it made a lot of sense for me. It is recovery and care. You are tremendously affected by your mothers passing and have had a very hard time accepting and moving on...you have only grieved some but she is telling you to heal. If she was ill then you will probably hear some unpleasant news about her and she may be telling you not to believe it. All in all, I don't agree with her assessment of spirits recovering after crossing over...they enter a better place death is by no means painful but peaceful...I suppose the circumstance of death would be arguable but if someone accepts their death then they truly live.

3. If you haven't accepted her passing then obviously this is not true...maybe she should have said "your mother is in a better place, be happy for her, celebrate her life and cherish her memories".

Is there anything in your life that could relate to what I said? If not then you have your answer. I believe that you may also be upset that she is receiving the message and you are not. I can promise you that you have seen her in many dreams (sometimes we forget them the next morning) pay close attention to the details surrounding it as well. She is always with you. I hope that helps and I am very sorry for your loss, warmest blessings this season.

xox
    Comforting words, coming from a sincere heart. Thank you very much !

May I have just one more question, please?

"She is always with you." May I ask you, please, what do you mean by this, her memory, her love, or her soul ?

Dec 1, 2008, 08:22 AM

Well though she is no longer here in her body; her energy is. When we die, our souls go back to where we came from... she is with you, her spirit is with you. She may not be with you every minute but she is with you every step of the way. If you need her, talk to her... she can hear you and maybe in some stubble way, she will send you messages... sweet and so small but you will know and your heart will smile.

Dec 1, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Well though she is no longer here in her body; her energy is. When we die, our souls go back to where we came from...she is with you, her spirit is with you. She may not be with you every minute but she is with you every step of the way. If you need her, talk to her...she can hear you and maybe in some stubble way, she will send you messages...sweet and so small but you will know and your heart will smile.

May the Lord bless you for this ! I want to believe you, and I am finally able to, because what you said feels right. It feels like a message from God and my mom. I will cling to that when life presents its difficulties, and I will think of that if good things happen. I am will no longer feel abandoned and forsaken from both God and my mom.

I will try to think of my mom's passing's as it might really have been unavoidable. It maybe really was her time to go, and not just as failing on my part. I used to think that my desperate praying and pleading were ignored, because I was not worthy enough to be heard. If she still, - in some way, - is with me, and not suffering as much as her body did, I might be able to deal with that.

Thank you for giving that to me !

I will show your message to three other persons: one, who still could not cope with losing her son (many years ago), another who recently lost both her mother and husband. We often cry together. And maybe to one who lost and miss also her mother, too sophisticated to tell, but I feel he also in pain. I hope your message will help them, too !

I will also frame your message,and put it near my mom's picture to see it, even though I closed your words in my heart.

Wishing you, and all your loved ones, too, a blessed seasons, and a wonderful New Year.

GOD BLESS YOU, MY FRIEND ! YOU HAVE HELPED ME TO FIND MY COURAGE TO CARRY ON !

Dec 1, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I beliee when we lose someone we love and are very close to, we can beleive we see and hear many things.
    I thank you, too, Sir ! And wish you and yours, too, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Dec 1, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liasdaughter View Post
    May the Lord bless you for this ! I want to believe you, and I am finally able to, because what you said feels right. It feels like a message from God and my mom. I will cling to that when life presents its difficulties, and I will think of that if good things happen. I am will no longer feel abandoned and forsaken from both God and my mom.

I will try to think of my mom's passing's as it might really have been unavoidable. It maybe really was her time to go, and not just as failing on my part. I used to think that my desparate praying and pleading were ignored, because I was not worthy enough to be heard. If she still, - in some way, - is with me, and not suffering as much as her body did, I might be able to deal with that.

Thank you for giving that to me !

I will show your message to three other persons: one, who stil could not cope with losing her son (many years ago), another who recently lost both her mother and husband. We often cry together. And maybe to one who lost and miss also her mother, too sophisticated to tell, but I feel he also in pain. I hope your message will help them, too !

I will also frame your message,and put it near my mom's picture to see it, even though I closed your words in my heart.

Wishing you, and all your loved ones, too, a blessed seasons, and a wonderful New Year.

GOD BLESS YOU, MY FRIEND ! YOU HAVE HELPED ME TO FIND MY COURAGE TO CARRY ON !
    God and your mother will NEVER desert you, you can count on that. Your mother passed away because it was her time, it was her life purpose and truly unavoidable (I think everything happens for a reason, even the bad and ugly things to really nice people) it’s your ability to recognize, flourish and have hope/faith in the future and in God. I can only imagine how proud she is of you, your growing faith, unconditional love and strength. Please do not feel accountable or responsible in any manner for her passing, as it is a higher power at work and you will not be forgotten, allow yourself to be taken care of once in a while and trust in that. You have not failed anyone, unless you have been unfair to yourself…be kind to yourself and take care of yourself. Your prayers are never ignored and will be answered; just remember to be patient, I find that God works in time. I am always available to talk if you have any concerns and I can’t even begin to tell you in words how touched I am by you and your story. I am thankful to have met you and you have by far given me more then you could possibly imagine.

Thank you for the wishes and again, from my family to yours and your friends, have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

Dec 1, 2008, 05:42 PM
    god and your mother will never desert you, you can count on that. Your mother passed away because it was her time, it was her life purpose and truly unavoidable (i think everything happens for a reason, even the bad and ugly things to really nice people) it’s your ability to recognize, flourish and have hope/faith in the future and in god. I can only imagine how proud she is of you, your growing faith, unconditional love and strength. Please do not feel accountable or responsible in any manner for her passing, as it is a higher power at work and you will not be forgotten, allow yourself to be taken care of once in a while and trust in that. You have not failed anyone, unless you have been unfair to yourself…be kind to yourself and take care of yourself. Your prayers are never ignored and will be answered; just remember to be patient, i find that god works in time. I am always available to talk if you have any concerns and i can’t even begin to tell you in words how touched i am by you and your story. I am thankful to have met you and you have by far given me more then you could possibly imagine.

Thank you for the wishes and again, from my family to yours and your friends, have a wonderful christmas and happy new year.
    Thank you very much ! And thank god for persons like you!!

Dec 24, 2008, 04:11 AM
    God and your mother will NEVER desert you, you can count on that. Your mother passed away because it was her time, it was her life purpose and truly unavoidable (I think everything happens for a reason, even the bad and ugly things to really nice people) it’s your ability to recognize, flourish and have hope/faith in the future and in God. I can only imagine how proud she is of you, your growing faith, unconditional love and strength. Please do not feel accountable or responsible in any manner for her passing, as it is a higher power at work and you will not be forgotten, allow yourself to be taken care of once in a while and trust in that. You have not failed anyone, unless you have been unfair to yourself…be kind to yourself and take care of yourself. Your prayers are never ignored and will be answered; just remember to be patient, I find that God works in time. I am always available to talk if you have any concerns and I can’t even begin to tell you in words how touched I am by you and your story. I am thankful to have met you and you have by far given me more then you could possibly imagine.
    ================================================== ======

Thank you for the wishes and again, from my family to yours and your friends, have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Thank you very much, again. I re-read your answers time to time, drowing hope and strength from them. Thank you for that, too.

May I have a somewhat related question, please ?

What is your thoughts or feelings about reincarnation, please?

May I wish you and yours, too, a Blessed Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year !

Liasdaughter

Dec 24, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Thank you very much, again. I re-read your answers time to time, drowing hope and strength from them. Thank you for that, too.

May I have a somewhat related question, please ?

What is your thoughts or feelings about reincarnation, please?

May I wish you and yours, too, a Blessed Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year !

Liasdaughter
    Well everyone believes in something different when it comes to reincarnation. I think if we don't get things right the first time around... we come back until we do learn our life purpose or rather the true meaning of life. This is why a lot of people have dreams, flashbacks and past lives. I too have been told that I am an "old" soul. Or, when you meet someone and feel this major connection... they could have been linked to you in your past life. I have a male friend for 13 years and we tried dating when we first met but it felt wrong... we maintained friendship instead, we still talk for hours and hours on the phone... I feel he was a sibling of mine in my past life.

As it goes for the dreams I was a Lieutenant in World War 2 (even the dress, time, place was consistent with WW2), a team of five men and myself where sent out on a mission but ended up hitting a minefield and two survived... I remember telling my men to go back to abort the mission... I was screaming for my men but was not afraid. One of my men tried to warn me but I stepped on a mine... I had lifted my foot knowing my death was to happen "Lieutenant ______!" I try to make note of my name but forget EVERY time. My sister had a dream about it and looked into it and sure enough found a story consistent with mine... I do forget the name now... not sure why I can never remember... they are re-occurring dreams (I have this dream in certain times in my life).

Reincarnation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Carol Bowman - Past Life Center

I have given you 2 web sites for better explanation but what is leading you to ask this question? Have you had dreams? I have some helpful suggestions for remembering past lives if you are interested... not to say it is easy... I find it difficult, its like pieces of a porcine vase and you have to journal it.

Dec 24, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Well everyone believes in something different when it comes to reincarnation. I think if we don't get things right the first time around...we come back until we do learn our life purpose or rather the true meaning of life. This is why a lot of people have dreams, flashbacks and past lives. I too have been told that I am an "old" soul. Or, when you meet someone and feel this major connection...they could have been linked to you in your past life. I have a male friend for 13 years and we tried dating when we first met but it felt wrong...we maintained friendship instead, we still talk for hours and hours on the phone...I feel he was a sibling of mine in my past life.

As it goes for the dreams I was a Lieutenant in World War 2 (even the dress, time, place was consistent with WW2), a team of five men and myself where sent out on a mission but ended up hitting a minefield and two survived...I remember telling my men to go back to abort the mission...I was screaming for my men but was not afraid. One of my men tried to warn me but I stepped on a mine...I had lifted my foot knowing my death was to happen "Lieutenant ______!" I try to make note of my name but forget EVERY time. My sister had a dream about it and looked into it and sure enough found a story consistent with mine...I do forget the name now...not sure why I can never remember...they are re-occurring dreams (I have this dream in certain times in my life).

I have given you 2 web sites for better explanation but what is leading you to ask this question? Have you had dreams? I have some helpful suggestions for remembering past lives if you are interested...not to say it is easy...I find it difficult, its like pieces of a porcine vase and you have to journal it.

Thank you very much for answering so quickly, and also for the 2 websites. I will look them up, but before I do, I would like to tell you what I do believe.

I have never had a problem believing we had a soul; now, I do believe that even more. I liken people to a batch of clay prepared for pottery. Products, made from the same batch, fired for the same time, in the same kiln; will have different sizes and shapes, but, they all will have the same properties.

We, humans, are also made up from the very same atoms, molecules, substances. We have different shapes and sizes, so, it would be logical to think, we have the same properties. But, we don't. All and every each one of us are different emotianally. That difference could not be explained by our body, as they are exactly the same make-up. So, it must be a SOUL that makes us different !

So, if the soul, that makes us different, is such a powerful thing, that could change the world, could destroy nations, or build up nations, could even, - up to a point, - could control nature, then why would it be housed in such a weak, easily decaying material as the body? It is like putting a precious diamond onto a can's ringpull ring.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Somehow, I hoped that the soul, this powerful essence of life, would not die with our much less worthy bodies, and might could be "recycled".

I am thinking about that for a long time, more so since I lost my beloved mom, just I did not have an opportunity to ask someone, I trust enough to ask, before. Now, I have ! What you say is, somehow, sounds right, believeable. Thank you, April !

Myself, personally, I do not have any déjà vu, dreams, or feelings, hints, or signs, showing in any way, that I have ever existed before. Only, my mind is working on its own questions.

Thank you, again, April ! All the best, you, too!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 06:34 PM

April said this so well... she is wise beyond her years... listen to her.
    Many blessings!

Dec 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Thank you very much for answering so quickly, and also for the 2 websites. I will look them up, but before I do, I would like to tell you what I do believe.

I have never had a problem believing we had a soul; now, I do believe that even more. I liken people to a batch of clay prepared for pottery. Products, made from the same batch, fired for the same time, in the same kiln; will have different sizes and shapes, but, they all will have the same properties.

We, humans, are also made up from the very same atoms, molecules, substances. We have different shapes and sizes, so, it would be logical to think, we have the same properties. But, we don't. All and every each one of us are different emotianally. That difference could not be explained by our body, as they are exactly the same make-up. So, it must be a SOUL that makes us different !

So, if the soul, that makes us different, is such a powerful thing, that could change the world, could destroy nations, or build up nations, could even, - up to a point, - could controll nature, then why would it be housed in such a weak, easily decaying material as the body? It is like putting a precious diamond onto a can's ringpull ring.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Somehow, I hoped that the soul, this powerful essence of life, would not die with our much less worthy bodies, and might could be "recycled".

I am thinking about that for a long time, more so since I lost my beloved mom, just I did not have an opportunity to ask someone, I trust enough to ask, before. Now, I have ! What you say is, somehow, sounds right, believeable. Thank you, April !

Myself, personally, I do not have any deja vu, dreams, or feelings, hints, or signs, showing in any way, that I have ever existed before. Only, my mind is working on its own questions.

Thank you, again, April ! All the best, you, too!
    I agree, I am not sure we are different emotionally par say but maybe different in spirituallity. Emotionally, life experiences will change the course of our decisions in life but we all do feel the same to an extent since we potentially have the same driven human emotions. What we each believe... what separates us from each other but brings us closer to our inner being (core (soul)) and to the Divine Force... to God. We all derive from the same place too from the God/Universe if you will. Our bodies do pose a obstacle for us; just a container for our energy so I completely agree with you on that point but until we realize our potential I think that that is just the point... our bodies are much less capable then our minds... if we can get past all the illusions in life. It is amazing to think that we could manipulate nature, as nature is energy and so are we; why couldn't this be a possibility? This is why I am so sensitive to people... energy, I can like them or dislike them immediately. It is what you project that you will attract... the law of attraction, so ensure you are doing everything true for you and place yourself in the trust of God/Universe... let that be the source of worrying for you. Know you are taken care of. Soul is what makes us unique as no one is like anyone out there... having said that... know you are loved because you are special. I am Catholic by the way... just a refined one :).

God bless, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dec 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
    I agree, I am not sure we are different emotionally par say but maybe different in spirituallity. Emotionally, life experiences will change the course of our decisions in life but we all do feel the same to an extent since we potentially have the same driven human emotions. What we each believe...what separates us from each other but brings us closer to our inner being (core (soul)) and to the Divine Force...to God. We all derive from the same place too from the God/Universe if you will. Our bodies do pose a obstacle for us; just a container for our energy so I completely agree with you on that point but until we realize our potential I think that that is just the point...our bodies are much less capable then our minds...if we can get past all the illusions in life. It is amazing to think that we could manipulate nature, as nature is energy and so are we; why couldn't this be a possibility? This is why I am so sensitive to people...energy, I can like them or dislike them immediately. It is what you project that you will attract...the law of attraction, so ensure you are doing everything true for you and place yourself in the trust of God/Universe...let that be the source of worrying for you. Know you are taken care of. Soul is what makes us unique as no one is like anyone out there...having said that...know you are loved because you are special. I am Catholic by the way...just a refined one :).

God bless, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Artlady is definitely right ! So wise while so young, you really must be an "old soul". Thank you very much. What you say is the closest to what I feel. I am Catholic, too. Not refined, but enhanced by my feelings.

God bless, you and yours, too ! Thank you very much, that conversation lift my mood and made me feel somehow better. Thank you for this present!

Dec 25, 2008, 03:16 AM
    Well everyone believes in something different when it comes to reincarnation. I think if we don't get things right the first time around...we come back until we do learn our life purpose or rather the true meaning of life. This is why a lot of people have dreams, flashbacks and past lives. I too have been told that I am an "old" soul. Or, when you meet someone and feel this major connection...they could have been linked to you in your past life. I have a male friend for 13 years and we tried dating when we first met but it felt wrong...we maintained friendship instead, we still talk for hours and hours on the phone...I feel he was a sibling of mine in my past life.

As it goes for the dreams I was a Lieutenant in World War 2 (even the dress, time, place was consistent with WW2), a team of five men and myself where sent out on a mission but ended up hitting a minefield and two survived...I remember telling my men to go back to abort the mission...I was screaming for my men but was not afraid. One of my men tried to warn me but I stepped on a mine...I had lifted my foot knowing my death was to happen "Lieutenant ______!" I try to make note of my name but forget EVERY time. My sister had a dream about it and looked into it and sure enough found a story consistent with mine...I do forget the name now...not sure why I can never remember...they are re-occurring dreams (I have this dream in certain times in my life).

I have given you 2 web sites for better explanation but what is leading you to ask this question? Have you had dreams? I have some helpful suggestions for remembering past lives if you are interested...not to say it is easy...I find it difficult, its like pieces of a porcine vase and you have to journal it.
    Hi, April,

I was just thinking of your dream, and something popped into my mind. It might or might not be true; I do not know much about this subject. It is not ignorance in my part, but, probably hesitations of wanting to know what was before. Yes, I would very much like to know what I have asked, because if it is true, than there is a chance (even if it imight be 1 to a million), still a chance, to be with my mom in an earthly life.

But, for the past ! If I was a good person, suffering of terrible fate, I rather do not want to know. And, if I was a rotten rat, I would not want it on my present conscience, either. Maybe, that why I do not have any sign whatsoever.

But, back to your dream.

World War 2 was not too long ago. Many people, who went through it, are still living. Could it be, that someone, or some families are still harbouring sadness or hurt associated with that person, that you think, could have been you? If you know the identity, you might be tempted to search for proof, and might, unwillingly, tear up the wounds. Could that be maybe the reason for your mind (or soul, or God) block the name?

Just a thought.

Dec 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Hi, April,

I was just thinking of your dream, and something popped into my mind. It might or might not be true; I do not know much about this subject. It is not ignorance in my part, but, probably hesitations of wanting to know what was before. Yes, I would very much like to know what I have asked, because if it is true, than there is a chance (even if it imight be 1 to a million), still a chance, to be with my mom in an earthly life.

But, for the past ! If I was a good person, suffering of terrible fate, I rather do not want to know. And, if I was a rotten rat, I would not want it on my present conscience, either. Maybe, that why I do not have any sign whatsoever.

But, back to your dream.

World War 2 was not too long ago. Many people, who went through it, are still living. Could it be, that someone, or some families are still harbouring sadness or hurt associated with that person, that you think, could have been you? If you know the identity, you might be tempted to search for proof, and might, unwillingly, tear up the wounds. Could that be maybe the reason for your mind (or soul, or God) block the name?

Just a thought.
    Well the war started in 1939 and ended in 1941 with the cold war for the next 45 years. I was born in 1982 so the dates are consistent... another thing that really bothers me is that I know all the words to songs in this era from heart... I sing it and my husband asked "how do you know the words...in 9 years I have never herd you listen to it?" I said, "I don't know...I just know it and it makes me happy". I don't think we should know who we are in our past lives... what would be the point of coming back as new? What your saying could be possible but if that was the case I wouldn't be tearing up old wounds but maybe giving some family out there somewhere conclusion because I think these soldiers died at the hands of the military's mistake... causing unnecessary death. Hard to say but so much makes sense about my personality... I had a bee bee gun at 6 and shot gofers (this is coming from a girl), I also had more guy friends, I drink most people under the table (which I am mommy now so can't do that but in early 20's I did) and handle myself well (well I would imagine I drank back in ww2), blunt, to the point/direct, leadership is easy for me, have no problem taking control of a situation or training people (actually I am the #1 candidate bosses prefer to train newbies) and go to shooting ranges and prefer 4 x 4's over sports cars... there are just too many things off about me. I don't know but I know that because I forget... I shouldn't remember so I leave the past in the past.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Dec 30, 2008, 04:11 PM

Aprilwine and the other people who have already posted answers on this have said so many good things there's really not much I would add.

With regard to your friend, I would only say that it comes down to respect. You can be accepting that the experiences your friend has are meaningful to her and important to her. Believe me, growing up psychic can be frustrating. You're always afraid that if you tell someone, they will either think you are crazy or possessed by the devil. So it's good that she trusts you enough to share this with you. But what you do with it is up to you. It's like if she gave you scented bath soap as a birthday present. If you like the smell, you might decide to use it every day. If you don't like the smell, you still take the present and thank her. Although maybe later you might want to find a positive, friendly way to tell her the fragrance wasn't to your taste, so she doesn't get you the same thing the next year! With regard to this, it works the same way. It's important that she understands that she is safe in sharing her paranormal experiences with you, that she can trust you to not laugh at her, or spread gossip about what a weirdo she is. ;) She also needs to know you won't tell her that what she experiences isn't real.

The respect thing works both ways, of course. Your friend needs to know that you have the right to listen to what she has to say, but also to make as much or as little of it for your own life as seems appropriate, and she needs to accept that. Once she gets a little older, she will hopefully also learn that part of being a mature, responsible psychic means not trying to help people until they ask for help. But for now, she may need to share, and I'm sure wants to help you through the grief of losing your mother. She's doing a lot better than I did at that age when one of my best friends' dad died. I was so afraid of saying the wrong thing to him I just avoided him. I feel very bad about that now.

I noticed that April said to you that your mom will always be with you, and you asked her what she meant. She gave you a very eloquent answer to that, and I could add to that by going on and on about the bond of love and the interconnectedness of all being. But in the long run, the way in which your mom will stay with you isn't going to be something you understand because of what we say, but because of your feeling her there in your heart. It's OK if you can't put that feeling into words. And, of course, living in the skeptical society we have, it's hard not to keep asking yourself, "Is it real? Am I just imagining it?" We're taught to ask those self-doubting questions as we grow up in this culture. Remind yourself that it's OK to trust your feelings. And it may take a long time to sort out those feelings. Grieving takes as long as it takes. There is no need to rush.

I loved what you said about "recycling" spirits! That's a synchronicity! I was just thinking about that myself. A lot of people post on this site saying, "I have a spirit or ghost in my home, how can I make it go away?" It reminds me of the attitude we had toward paper and plastic and aluminum twenty years ago. When we were done with it, we just threw it "away." But now we realize it's better to recycle. So I was kind of jokingly thinking to myself that I wanted to get people thinking about recycling spirits instead of driving them away, learning ways to live in harmony with them so they can find peace, and even give us their blessings and guidance as they are able. Maybe in another twenty years that idea will sink in, and people won't always be talking about banishing them. ;) Anyway, that was what was going through my head when I opened up your post, and found you had used the term "recycle" in a similar context. Funny.

Blessings to you, and your friend.

Alder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a deceased persons credit card, but not just that. [ 12 Answers ]

This is a long story. My father passed away in September of '06. Years ago, he opened a credit card (Visa) and put me on as an authorized user. I have a card with my name on it, but I am not to my knowledge, considered "an owner" of the credit line. To that point, I have tried to call them many...

Persons Performing AP and AR [ 4 Answers ]

What are the implications of having the same person performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions? Thank you so much, I am having a hard time finding this:)

Is there a way to look up a persons tax return info [ 2 Answers ]

I will soon start the process of filling for child support for my daughter who is 5. When she was born her father paid for an DNA test. He was proven to be the father. Since then he has given me $400 by check a month to help care for her. I've asked him for a increase which he won't do. This makes...

View more questions Search