Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    namesteblue Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Clerk and nurse looking through pt records at nyc hospital
    I have decieded to end a friendship with a clerk that works at a nyc hospital. She was so angry with me that she had a nurse look up my medical records and this clerk called my mental health therapist, and put in a false complatint about me. This has caused me such mental anguish. I put in a complaint at the hospital, The hospital informed me (In OtHER WORDS)that I was partially right about my complaint. I was told I should seek legal recourse because My HIPPA Rights have been violated. I am just confused as to what to do next. I feel they both need to be fired.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 04:54 PM
    I agree that your HIPAA rights were violated. You should report this to your local board of nursing. I don't know what state you are in, but if you can provide me that, I can provide a link to your local board.
    namesteblue Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 04:58 PM

I am in nyc thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Here is the New York State Board of Nursing website... You should contact someone there with your complaints. Now, understand you will need the name of this nurse, and there is rarely, if ever, any monitary consolation for a HIPAA violation.

NYS Nursing - RNs, LPNs, NPs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file with the clerk of the court [ 2 Answers ]

In Florida, what paperwork is necessary to file for divorce with the Clerk of the Courts.

HOA REgistration with County Clerk [ 1 Answers ]

As a community we recently decided to self manage. I understand we have to file contact information with county clerks office for the purpose of a title company needing contact info for the HOA officers during a sale of a home in the community. Any ideas on whar exactly has to be filed? Is it a...

Courses for law clerk [ 4 Answers ]

Even though I know that I'm just starting high school I would like to know what courses to take in becoming a law clerk..

Called county clerk today? [ 8 Answers ]

I called the clerk today to make sure I was bringing all the correct documents for our divorce. It's a very simple uncontested divorce, we're not using an attorney. She told me she could not tell me what were the correct documents to bring. I'm assuming that would be considered "giving legal...

View more questions Search