Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mretuck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2004, 12:20 PM
    1995 Jeep Wrangler Second Opinion
    Ok... so I'm going down the Interstate, and I hear a clickty sound like a playing card in bicycle spokes. As I pull over to the side I notcie that she's running rough amd I lose all oil pressure. After checking the oil level and looking for leaks I give'er a crank just to see what'll happen, and I suddenly have oil pressure again. I am two miles from a rest stop (how convenient!) so I eyeball the pressure gauge and temp gauge and drive her to the rest stop at 35 mph with some reoccuring clicking. My diagnosis is a bad oil pump. What do you think?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2004, 02:41 PM
    Re: 1995 Jeep Wrangler Second Opinion
    Sounds possible. Could be the oil pressure regulator. You may need Bob is the oil guy. I hate to abuse one forum to promote another, but here is a link to some very knowledgeable people, http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/...ubb=forum;f=24. Many of them are over the top obsessed, but they know oil and engines.
    mretuck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2004, 03:17 PM
    1995 Jeep Wrangler Second Opinion
    Thanks for the hint!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 jeep wrangler stalls, will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 jeep wrangler. A few days ago I was waiting at a stop sign and when I went to pull out my Jeep stalled then completely quit. I assumed it was a fuel pump and replaced the fuel pump module (ouch!). I drove the jeep for 15-20 minutes trying out the new repair and the Jeep died again...

1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L - overcharging [ 2 Answers ]

For several months my charging gauge read at or near the red-line. Over the past week it is almost pegged-out if no lights or heat is on (when lights and heat is on it drops to 16-17, but still in the red). I replaced the battery and altenator but the problem still persists. All other guages appear...

1995 Jeep Wrangler RPM and Oil Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to drive to work this morning and my Jeep starting doing this whole acceleration/deceleration thing and started backfiring on the deceleration part. While this was happening my oil pressure would fluctuate from 0 to half on the pressure gauge (don't rmember the exact psi). When I...

View more questions Search