Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    val21 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Dvd problem
    HI I have a problem with my dvd burner. My problem is that when try to burn an empty dvd I can't it tells me to insert a blank dvd or one with enough space.
    When I go to the dvd properties I have 0 used space but 0 free space. Is there something wrong with the burner or my software. Can you plase help. Thank.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 12:44 AM
    What kind of DVD are you using? There are a number of different DVD types out there and it might be a case of you DVD not being compatible with your DVD burner.

Also - are you sure the DVD is empty? Could it be a DVD-R that has accidentally been used before (but the burn was cancelled before any data was written). This would probably still render that DVD useless.

Finally, if the DVD's are cheap - they might simply not work. I brought a spindle of 100 DVD-R's months back for a cheap price. I thought it was a great deal but I haven't had a single one work properly :(
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jun 30, 2006, 06:01 AM
    stay away from those cheapy deals... not worth it in my opinion
    what make of burner do you have and how many do you have

I just had to take out my pioneer 8x because the new lite on 16x was not doing what it was suppose to

as soon as I removed pioneer the liteon ran like a champ

I use to buy the cheapies myself but I seem to get better pic quality and no errors using the name brands

Jun 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Thanks for the response. I really don't know the make of my dvd, it came with my Hp computer. It's a lightsaber dual sided burner.
    The dvds were cheap in price maybe that's the problem, they are nexxtech I bought them at circuit city.
    The thing is that I have this problem with my laptop. So any ideas would help me very much. Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 30, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Also I found that DVD burners are very fussy when it comes to being clean.
    I had a similar issue and I resolved by a simple insertion of a DVD/CD cleaner disc.

Worth a try.

Jun 30, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Oh I forgot to say is that with blank CDs it works with no problems. The CDs are from the same maker nexxtech.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jun 30, 2006, 05:55 PM
    You have a hp lightscribe burner...

Make sure you have the most recent firmware

That's the instructions built into your burner that tell it how to recognize and deal with various media... it might just need an update so that it includes those nexxtechs dvd's

My Lite-On didn't want to recognize these maxell's till I updated... now no problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search