Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 28, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Regular Season Fixtures
    How are the fixtures worked out?
    Why don't all the teams in each conference play each other throughout the season?
    For example Chicago Bears (NFC North) play the other teams in the division Home and Away and then play cross-conference teams.

Indianapolis AFC South
    Carolina NFC South
    Tampa Bay NFC South
    Philidelphia NFC East
    Atlanta NFC South
    Tennesee AFC South
    Seattle NFC West
    Jacksonville AFC South
    New Orleans NFC South
    Houston AFC South

Can anyone explain the fixtures??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2008, 06:07 AM

There is a rather complex formula that the league schedule makers go through.

Every team plays a home and away within their division. That takes up 6 games. They also play games against a division within their conference and outside their conference. The remaining two games have to do with their previous year's record.

Yhe other division games work on a rotating basis. This article may be of interest:

NFL Schedule, Rivalries and Potential TV Ratings Optimized by Packaged Software - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No. Of fixtures on WC line [ 11 Answers ]

I'm new to this forum- thanks for any help in advance. The attached image shows a DWV diagram for two bathrooms in a second story residence in NJ. I am concerned that the toilet farthest from the bldg drain may not pass inspection. Does UPC say the toilet has to connect to the stack directly? ...

How often go in season ? [ 1 Answers ]

How often danes go in season ?

Two fixtures one switch [ 3 Answers ]

How do I wire a new light fixture to an old switch that has a ceiling fan on it already? I tried to wire the two whites together and the two blacks to the switch but both lights were dim.

View more questions Search