Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laminator07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 09:31 PM
    How to tell if my good friend likes me.
    Ok so I met this girl about 5 months ago, and over time we became really good friends. We used to have such deep conversations about love and stuff. I used to give her advice about boys and we would always be engaged in deep conversations. She wrote me a message about how I'm smart and her other friends aren't as wise as me and she's gets happy when I text her and that she misses me and I'm a good friend and that I helped her realize that not all men are a**holes. On Thanksgiving she wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and said she was thankful for me because I was one of the nicest and most trustworthy friends she ever made and she can always count on and talk to me :) I remember asking her if she still thinks that all guys are a**holes and she told me she believes it less and that there was one guy who used to be nice to her and still is and she used to like him but now she doesn't know( I think that might be me) Idk I keep thinking I'm being put in the friend zone but in the back of my mind I'm thinking she likes me,( or maybe even loves me) she is just too shy to admit it. I don't know what should I do with her? I don't want to make our friendship weird but I want to know if I should go for it or leave it be...
    Help me please...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 09:53 PM

How old are you, and do you guys hang out?

Nov 27, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How old are you, and do you guys hang out?

I'm 18 she is 17
    The times when we hang out are usually few and far
    But she always says she misses me and says we should hang
    homeworkgirl Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 10:23 PM

Could you please tell her you like her?
    But could you please be ready to be an everlasting friend also...
    I hope you are meant to be boyfriend and girlfriend later :)
    Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 10:26 PM

Anything is possible, and I think maybe in a month or two, after some more intimate hanging out, you could suggest DATING, exclusively.

Personally, I think your both going slow, and are getting to know each other the right way, and enjoying it. Why mess with success right now, but let your actions speak for you.

Your chances are pretty good, I would say, that your both getting on the same page.
    Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Did I answer your question?? Probably not. Oh by the way, one post is enough to get our attention, 3 is overkill, and can be confusing.

Nov 27, 2008, 10:35 PM
    Anything is possible, and I think maybe in a month or two, after some more intimate hanging out, you could suggest DATING, exclusively.

Personally, I think your both going slow, and are getting to know each other the right way, and enjoying it. Why mess with success right now, but let your actions speak for you.

Your chances are pretty good, I would say, that your both getting on the same page.
    Great! Its good because she shares all her most personal things with me and she is never
    Reluctant to do so. When we hung out last it was awkward though because neither of us knew what to say to each other it was just weird... the thing that bugs me is sometimes when I comment her she says "thank you....." and other times she's like "awwww"
    I don't know that just seems weird to me sometimes

Nov 27, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Did I answer your question??? Probably not. Oh by the way, one post is enough to get our attention, 3 is overkill, and can be confusing.
    I'm sorry about the multiple posts lol, I tried to edit a word and I couldn't get it till the third time and I haven't figured out how to delete the other posts
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Nov 27, 2008, 11:52 PM

Hey, I like your story, I think you should just enjoy it right now, take it slow, it will last longer and deeper. And when the time is right, you two will both come together :)
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 06:03 AM

Have a great time getting to know each other. Things will work the way they are supposed to, just don't get carried away.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 06:58 AM

Remember to keep balance between her and your own life and don't put her on a pedestal.
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw0713 View Post
    Remember to keep balance between her and your own life and don't put her on a pedistal.
    That's exactly right, making her the center of your universe is a really bad thing. Keep doing what you were doing before you met, and still enjoy your other friends.

Good one, JM, :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

He only likes me as a friend right? [ 1 Answers ]

this guy and I got a bit tipsy and flirted. Though I'm not sure how drunk he was- he does this thing where he has 2 and “pretends” I did like him last year, we were friends. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl, I guess is shy. I kind of stopped liking him because I hardly ever see him this...

He likes me I like his best friend. [ 4 Answers ]

So this boy in my grade really likes me and he finally admitted it through a text message, a really sweet one for that matter. By the way Im not using real names so lets say James is the guy who likes me and Todd is the guy I like... Text message: Hey, its James, listen now that its summer I...

View more questions Search