Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert rench Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain
    Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain use snake but its still the same
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Nov 27, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Hi robert, sounds like you may not have gone far enough with the snake, how many feet did you run? You may need more cable to reach the problem spot.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robert rench View Post
    Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain use snake but its still the same
    You didn't send the snake far enough. Open up the tun waste and overflow, (see image)and run your snake in again. You will hit the return bend of the trap about 18 inches down but once aqround that you only have to put out 6 or 7 feet more. Good luck, Tom
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 08:01 PM

If commode and Tub are on separate walls but the tub and lavatory are on the same wall, with a little water in the tub run water into the lavatory, if water comes up into the tub it is possilbe you may have to get up on the roof and run cable down the roof vent to get to the clog. If this is the case it may take 25 ft of cable or more.

Let me know if this helped you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Washer will not fill,continuously drains [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Top Load Washer (MAV6057AWW), that when you try to start a load, it will not fill, it continuously drains out the water. If I play with the front selector switch(mini, medim, large , super load) it sometimes will fill like nothing is wrong. Can you help? ...

Water heater doesn't fill bathtub full of hot water. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought a condo with a 40 gallon electric water heater. 5 - 10 minute showers are okay, but the water heater doesn't fill the bathtub more than 1/3 of the way full of hot water before starting to run cold. The tub is a standard size. The 40 gallon capacity seems like it...

Every bathroom drains appear to drain slow [ 1 Answers ]

It seems that every toilet in our house clogs even with a small amount of toilet paper and some of the sinks fill up with water because they don't go down the drain fast enough. Is this a sewer pipe problem? Would drain opener help? I'm really sick of using the plunger. Help!

Basement drain to sewer - how best to fill it in? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an unfinished basement. The walls and floors of the basement are concrete. I have a drain in the basement floor that feeds directly into the sewer. I know that my sewer line runs below the level of the basement (Roto Rooter has been a frequent visitor) to the main city sewer line in the...

Top loading washer: incoming water drains, won't fill [ 4 Answers ]

I have a top loading washer and the last time I put clothes in to wash, the water started "filling" the tub right away, so I went upstairs to bed. In the morning, the water was still "filling". The timer did not turn it off after the timed cycle. There was some water on the floor, but not over 8...

View more questions Search