Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    *I.Need.Help*. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2006, 12:22 PM
    Hair Colouring
    Hello, my natural hair colour is a darkish brown, and I've died it a couple of times a really really dark brown but not black. I have really thin hair and it falls out quite a lot and I was wondering if there is anything I can use to completely take out my permanent hair colour leaving my natural hair colour so that I don't have to keep re-dying it or be careful washing it so that the colour doesn't fade. Usually after a while my dark brown permanent hair colour will eventually fade to a ginger/bronze and I don't like it. I can't seem to find anything that will take out my hair colour to leave my natural hair colour so I never have to dye it again, I've heard of Loreal Colour Zap, and coloufix but I'm not sure how they work of what there for?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 30, 2006, 05:51 PM
    Do not use color removers on your hair if your hair is thin and falling out. Go see a dermatologist, he/she will examine your scalp to determine what's causing your hair to fall out. You don't need to use a hair color remover, using a Dark Ash Brown color will get rid of the ginger or bronze hue. There are hair products that can keep the color from fading, choose a shampoo and conditioner that's designed for color treated hair. I advise you to see a dermatologist about your thinning hair before coloring it.
    davidmoore2009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady View Post
    Do not use color removers on your hair if your hair is thin and falling out. Go see a dermatologist, he/she will examine your scalp to determine what's causing your hair to fall out. You don't need to use a hair color remover, using a Dark Ash Brown color will get rid of the ginger or bronze hue. There are hair products that can keep the color from fading, choose a shampoo and conditioner that's designed for color treated hair. I advise you to see a dermatologist about your thinning hair before coloring it.

Very Well Said... I am strongly agree with you. Support answer by me.. Please asker follow the advise.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by *I.Need.Help*. View Post
    ive heard of Loreal Colour Zap, and coloufix but im not sure how they work of what there for?
    Color Zap and ColorFix are used to dissolve the artificial pigment in your hair so it can be washed out. However, it won't leave your hair its natural color. Your natural color has already been changed by the developer (peroxide) in the haircoloring. Peroxide is used even in black shades. When you use Color Zap, Color Oops, ColorFix, or other products like that, you have to re-dye the hair.

I also agree with the two previous posters. If your hair is actually falling out (and not breaking off), you need to see a dermatologist. If it's breaking off, then you've damaged your hair to the extent that it's probalby not a good idea to dye it any more until it grows out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair Colouring from Black [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my hair dyed three times in abour a year with the colour black, once at a salon and two by myself. Now I am am sick of this colour, and have used a hair lightener/bleach. It has made my roots blond, as I have light brown hair, it has made the rest of my hair a red copper colour. I...

Hair colouring [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya I have dyed my hair loads over the last few years. Now it's a dark brown (prev black-faded out a bit) wit blondish flashes. I want to go blonde, but I don't want to bleach it straight off or dye it because everyone I know who have done it have gone a gingery yellowy orange. I really don't want...

Having problem while colouring my black hair [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! It's Nimmi. My hair colour is completely black. I wanted to highlight my hair with brown colour. But when I used light brown hair colour on my hair then the change of my hair colour hardly noticeable. It's still almost black. I think I should change the colour to blond first, then use brown...

Advice needed please on home hair colouring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I used to have a fantastic hairdresser who came to my home every 6 weeks to colour my hair for 10 years, I loved how she did it, but unfortunately she had to move away because of her husbands job. This has been over 6 years and I have tried unsuccessfully to re-create the colour myself at...

View more questions Search