Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reds4ever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
    User ID/password problems with Firefox 3.0.4
    I've used Firefox for years and now, with the upgrade to 3.0.4, Yahoo and other sites don't keep me logged in when I reopen the browser, even after a few minutes. It's a hassle to have to retype email address and password every time I open my mail, etc..
    No problem with IE, only with Firefox. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.:confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Check the settings under Options > Privacy, make sure you are accepting cookies and that it is not clearing your private data.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 03:19 PM

Also check the security tab and make sure Remember passwords for sites is checked

Nov 30, 2008, 12:32 AM

To answer my own question, I received the following suggestion from a guy called Quarantine on the Firefox Support Forum: "Another possible cause is the file that stores cookies may be corrupt. To test this close Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp
    Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins. "

This solved the problem and now things are running smoothly again. Thanks Quarantine, whoever you are!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Wow, that's rare but I'm glad it worked. I learned something new today.

Nov 30, 2008, 05:48 AM

Oops, I spoke too soon! The problem's back again. I closed everything down, tuned the computer off for a few hours and now I have to re-login to Yahoo. It's weird, as it's the only site (along with My Yahoo) that's affected. Everything else either remains logged-in or my UserID and Password pop up automatically. I've checked and re-checked th Options settings, even rolled back to earlier versions of Firefox but there's nothing doing. So now I just open Yahoo in IE and the problem disappears. But it's really annoying as I can't work out what's going wrong! Especially as I'm getting the same results of three different computers. Yahoo, of course, denies all responsibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Password to access user account [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set a password to use on my computer under my user name? Windows xp

Yahoo user name and password [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my password and user name with Yahoo and cannot contact anyone. Anyone have any ideas

User name and password under windows registry [ 2 Answers ]

Where windows xp stores user name and password under windows registry?

User name and password [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, When ever I used to join this forum, I would automatically join without having to type password or user name, I do this each time now and I don't know why it is as if I am not really a member now. Can you please clarify this problem for me Thanx:confused:

View more questions Search