Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alrightthen Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Searching for historical info -- Orphanage burned with records inside!
    Hello,
    I'm trying to find out about my great great grandmother. I know she was in an orphanage in Oregon. She was dropped off there around the age of 12 years. I know the orphanage burned down at some point, and the records were burned in the fire. I don't believe she was adopted. Her name was Patricia Walsh, and she was probably born in the early 1900s --- any help or ideas on how to find out more about her would be great! She did marry a gentleman named Zell Robinson at some point as well.. . And had two children, one boy and one girl (Patty June Robinson)
    Thank you so much in advance!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 08:46 AM

What year or years?
    Alrightthen Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 10:55 AM

She was dropped off when she was about 12 yrs old, and she was born somewhere around 1900. I found a record of an orphanage called "Glen Oaks Orphanage" in Salem, Oregon that did burn down in 1920? But I can't find anything else :( And, I don't know how long she was there.. . But I don't think she got adopted.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 11:12 AM

http://www.salemhistory.net/places/g..._orphanage.htm
    "The building itself was turned over to the state and became the second location of Salem's hospital in 1900."

If this orphanage became a hospital in 1900,this might not be the same one which you have mentioned.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrightthen View Post
    She was dropped off when she was about 12 yrs old, and she was born somewhere around 1900. I found a record of an orphanage called "Glen Oaks Orphanage" in Salem, Oregon that did burn down in 1920? But I can't find anything else :( And, I don't know how long she was there. . . but I don't think she got adopted.

I find Patricia and Zell Robinson living in the State of Washington in 1930. Possible?

I also find a Zell Robinson, born in 1975, died in 1969 in North Carolina. No name of wife listed.

I think with a lot of cross searching and cross referencing it would be possible to obtain more info but I've gone as far as I can go on free sites (unless someone else has other info).
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 12:26 PM

Judy,
    Did you see the photographs on that site I listed for Salem,very old ones from way back.
    Very interesting site indeed.

I found four Zell Robinson on the following site.
    People Search Directory - Find People Robinson, Zach - Robinson, Zhelia

EDIT::As Judy mentioned most needs more information for cross reference,and the above may or may not be related to your grandmothers family.
    Sara_Robinson55 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Jan 24, 2010, 08:22 PM

Alrighten,

My name is Sara Robinson and I am married to Zell Robinson. My husband is the 5th generation "Zell Robinson". We have never known anyone by that name except for our family. I believe your great grandmother is also a distant relative of ours. You may contact me if you would like, my email is >E-mail Removed<
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 08:44 AM

It is dangerous to post your email address and also against the rules.

Questions are posted and answers are given on this site.

Feb 17, 2010, 06:46 PM

Geeze thanks for that great introduction to the rules and directions for using this site.

Feb 17, 2010, 07:06 PM

Alrighten,

After reading your post, I decided to do some checking into our family genealogy and it turns out that the great grandmother you are searching for could very well be my husband's great grandmother as well. Patricia L'Aria Welch (not walsh) married Zell Eolan Robinson and had two kids Daughter Patty June Robinson who married Billy Green Chappell and Son Zell William Robinson who married Eva Onita Johnson. I could get you more information if you need it. Hope this helps.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara_Robinson55 View Post
    Geeze thanks for that great introduction to the rules and directions for using this site.

The site has rules - unfortunately you didn't read them before you posted. I am simply bringing them to your attention.

If you don't see the danger in posting personal info AND your email address on the Board there is little I can say to explain why the rules are in place.

Your sarcasm is totally unwarranted. I didn't remove your email address. I simply brought it to the attention of the moderators.

Feb 23, 2010, 07:08 AM

Get off my case and mind your own business. Im simply trying to get in touch with Alrighten. Clearly we are distant family and I can help her find her great grandmother.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara_Robinson55 View Post
    Get off my case and mind your own business. Im simply trying to get in touch with Alrighten. Clearly we are distant family and I can help her find her great grandmother.

This is a November 2008 site and OP hasn't been back.

Time to close?

Feb 23, 2010, 09:01 AM

Since you know the rules so well, you know that when someone responds to your comments it informs you by email. I was hoping she would eventually respond since my husband and I have been contacting all of our distant relatives to update our genealogy. Im confused as to why your still talking to me and in this conversation anyway when you have nothing to say that pertains to our family tree.
    kaye20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 10:21 PM
    I'm also searching for an orphange that burned down in ireland sometime 1900 and 1930. My great grandfather migrated from there. All records were burned and the closest they could come to my last name is karlson. But that could be the wrong spelling. I wish I could find my family history but seems impossible with my last name not even being certain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burned out thermocouple [ 1 Answers ]

As I had stated in a previous question I have a few minor problems with the furnace in the fourteen years we have it. This is the most annoying one. I have replaced it at least 20 times. A service man installed one that lasted only seven days. I had the gas company install one and it lasted...

Cleaner leaked inside wall.outlet burned up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Last week at work there was an odor coming from inside a wall. The wall is only a few feet tall extending from a window sill to the floor. Well, we didn't have any air freshener so I sprayed a cleaning product around the wall and on the window & window sill to cover the odor. Some of it ran...

Burned Cd [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cd that was burned at my church but we cannot play the cd on any other cd player how can we burn this cd in order to get another master cd or to make the copies we want. :confused:

TV Burned out [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause my TV and my wireless modem to burn out?

Displaying cd track info on burned disc [ 1 Answers ]

I use nero express and I have burned a couple of disc as an audio disc. However, once it is burned and I try to play back on my computer it doesn't show the titles of the songs. It just says track 1, track 2, etc. 1)I have the option to burn as an audio and data disc together instead of just...

View more questions Search