Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chhablsa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Overlapping Employement In India and in USA
    Hi,
    First of all thanks for your services... I am in a situation of which I don't know what would happen...

I was working in India for company-A and before resigning I came to USA on H1 from other USA consulting company on 14th June 2008 and on papers started working for them from 23rd June 2008. While my SSN processing was going on... soon I realized that my US employer won't pay me till he gets project for me.

As soon as I got my SSN I left USA (19th July 2008) and continued with my Indian company I was on paid leave with Indian company till this time.

After few days I got confirmation that the interviews I have given in USA are through and I have to join them on 18th August 2008. I resigned from my Indian company (effective date 14th august) applied few last days leave and reached USA on 14th August itself. And started working for my client.

Now I have paystub and everything, but I wanted to transfer now. But now the question is...

On papers I started working for USA consultancy from 23rd June (though they started paying me from 18th August only) but My relieving letter from Indian company says My last working day with company-A in India was 14th August. Is there any problem in transfer for this overlapping employment one in USA and one in India for the period of 23rd June to 14th August)

Please help...

Thanks and Regards
    Chhablsa
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 02:26 PM

If the Indian company is not part of the US company, nothing to worry about.

When you enter US on any employment-based visa, you are supposed to start working right away, even if there is no project assigned, you must get paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CSS Overlapping Divs Until Refresh [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for your help. I have a site that I'm working on that once I make any changes and upload the updated page, if viewed in Firefox, the middle div overlaps the left. Please see the below snapshots: This is what it should look like: http://artbastet.com/abelian/images/ok.jpg ...

Tax in India & US [ 4 Answers ]

From January 07 through march 07, I paid Tax in India. I have Indian TAX certificate for the tax paid in Indian Rupees. This income is also reported as "WORLDWIDE" income and taxes are calculated and paid on my US tax returns in 2007 again. While filing my US tax returns during 2007, can I...

Greenboard overlapping surround [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed a new tub surround and am ready to install drywall (greenboard). The surround has a lip that is to be covered by the drywall. My question is... are there any special tricks or tips to making the joint smooth and especially water tight? I read a help forum that said to caulk with...

India [ 1 Answers ]

India is not A member of ? a. g20 B. g15 c. g8 d. United states

Employement Letter wordings and resignation issue [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks For the help

View more questions Search