Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlietryhard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Refrigerator not cooling, but freezer works fine
    We have a GE PDS21SBMABS refrigerator with bottom pull out freezer. Past few days I noticed refrigerator was not as cool and not cooling at all now. The freezer seems to work fine. Any ideas?
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 06:23 PM
    I've had this happen before. All the cold is made in the freezer. It is pushed into the refrigerator by a small fan. Sounds like the fan is dead.
    I was able to go to the web, order a replacement fan and replace the broken fan.

Glenn
    charlietryhard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Thanks Glenn - I think you may be on to it. There is no air coming out of the vent above the temp adjustment, and the wife mentioned some noise that could have been the fan on its last leg. I'll look for some diagrams, but do you remember how you accessed the fan.
    CB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator not cooling but freezer is [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Maytag side by side and the refrigerator isn't cooling. The freezer is cold but has a big icebuildup in the bottom. Also the icemaker is wooring poorly and the spindle thing is frozen in. I checked the fan and it is working. I emptied everything out last night and let it all thaw out....

Refrigerator freezer running but not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

My refrigerator freezer is running, but it is not cooling

Maytag Refrigerator not cooling but freezer is [ 1 Answers ]

My maytag side by side refrigerator will not cool down properly. The freezer cools o.k. I unplugged the refrigerator and let it sit overnight. I cleaned the coils in back and checked the fan motor. After plugging in the refrigerator, it will cool down good for a day and then the temperature goes...

Frigidaire Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling/freezing [ 14 Answers ]

We have a Frigidaire refridg/freezer side by side that's 5 or so years old... model # FRS26LF8CWO... It stopped cooling and freezing a few days ago... fans are running... Condenser is almost hot to the touch... I vacuumed coils and fans best I could... Condenser sounds like it wants to run but...

Side by side refrigerator/freezer inadequate cooling [ 2 Answers ]

This GE side by side Profile series, about 12 years old, is cooling poorly. I used "ACME how to" web site to trouble shoot the problem. Got down to the timer switch which proved defective on testing. Replaced it. Thought the problem solved. Cooled better at first. Within a day or so the best...

View more questions Search