Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marvelus49 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 04:48 PM
    reed and benson sterling silver teaset
    Hello,
    My siblings and I inherited a beautiful silver teaset. On the bottom of each piece is stamped PL Krider Sterling Philada. Then engraved it says "This silver was mined fom Reed and Benson Mine" The Reed and Benson seems stamped rather than engraved. It's quite lovely, only a few dents here and there. One side is an emblem with the dates 1851 on one side and 1876 on the other. On the other side of each piece it is monogramed with the date 1900 engraved. We'd like to liquidate but where do I start? Any one out there guess it's value? Thanks. Mary
    Attached Images

Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Nov 29, 2008, 12:09 PM

Just some info that maybe interesting to read. I'm still researching for info.

http://www.silvercollecting.com/silv...cad10-1882.jpg -- Ace
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Nov 29, 2008, 12:20 PM
    More research info

American Silver Marks K - Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks -- Ace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my teaset have value? [ 15 Answers ]

I do home health care and one of my elderly clients was cleaning out their house which is full of antiques and collectibles. They came across this teapot with 4 matching cups which looks old but they could not remember where it came from. I would like to know if it has any value but I'm not sure...

Oliver Reed movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I really need any help you can give. Im trying to look for a film with Oliver Read in it and to be honest I can't remember much of the story line! All I can remember is- I think it was a similar story line to Straw Dogs. This has been bugging me for ages and I'm so glad I have found this...

View more questions Search