Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Nov 26, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Cremation and my responsibility
    I'm the only one who is listed for a patient in a nursing home. She has no relatives.
    She's dying. I can't see getting a funeral home. Can someone just get cremated
    Without a church or funeral home?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 26, 2008, 03:44 PM

Not without a funeral home, but no reason for a church
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Dec 2, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Some states are different but I know that in the state of New Mexico there re crematoriums that have no connection to a funeral home. If a relative dies whether at home or in a hospital, you call the crematoium and they immediately send someone to pick up body, and when the body is cremated they return the ashes to the family. Of course you will have to pick out the urn. Then if you want to have services at a church you can have memorial service. You can have a print shop print a memorial message and hand out to visitors . That's what the funeral home does and charges you more then if you buy the cards direct. Some funeral homes have a crematorium but whether you use the funeral homes services which is costly or skip their handling of the services and they will just charge for the cremating. So check around for crematoriums. You do not have to have a church involved in any way. After you get the ashes you are free to do whatever you want with them, put them on your mantle , dresser or whatever you want to do with them .

Maggie 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does cremation increase Carbon levels [ 10 Answers ]

Does cremation (burning) of dead bodies increase the carbon in the atmosphere and speeds up the greenhouse effect? Shouldn't we bury the dead so that at least the decomposition will feed the earth?

Cremation and what's required [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to two funeral parlors to prepay her own funeral. She was told That she needs special papers from the lawyer for cremation. I have cremation in my Will and apparently that's not enough. My partner doesn't even have cremation in her Will, it's just what she told me. Are...

Who's responsibility is it? [ 34 Answers ]

Recent atrocities in Iran has gotten people asking if the US should intervene, after the reports of two of the twentysomething kidnapped South Koreans have been murdered by the cowards. This isn't the first time this century that the US has been asked to go in defense of human suffering...

A/C Responsibility [ 6 Answers ]

I moved into a condo with A/C, however in order for it to work it needs to be hooked up by a professional which will cost about $350. My landlord said it is my responsibility. Isn't he responsible to make sure it is in working condition when I moved in?

View more questions Search