Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockstar_237 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Nov 26, 2008, 03:33 PM
    I have to lose weight in 2 weeks
    Hey, I'm a 5'4[i think] girl teen who weighs 141 pounds. I'm in 7th grade and crushing on a guy in a higher grade. Especially because my friends having a pool party. I have about 2 weeks. Help I have to lose wait fast.
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 26, 2008, 03:46 PM

Well, then start eating as much slimming pills as possible, start skipping school and excersising 24/7...

Seriously... I don't think its even possible to lose much weight in two weeks... 4 pounds at the maximum...
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dave146 View Post
    Well, then start eating as much slimming pills as possible, start skipping school and excersising 24/7...
    I just want to emphasize that dave is not being serious here. In my opinion, no one should be taking diet pills -- especially not a seventh grader.

Rockstar, there are limitations to how much you can change your body in two weeks. If you think you need to change your habits, then you can use this as an opportunity to start looking at food and exercise with a positive and healthy attitude. Since you're so young, you really should be talking to your parents and your family doctor about the best ways to live a healthy life.

People love people who are confident in their own skin. Bring a good attitude to the party, be yourself, and have a good time. If you're looking for an extra confidence booster, you might consider getting a new and extra flattering bathing suit.

There will be plenty of pool parties in your lifetime. If you're taking good care of yourself as you continue to grow, you'll always feel and look your best. Don't obsess about the weight. Just stay on a track that keeps you healthy in mind and body. Enjoy it!
    tfrog Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 07:53 PM

Losing more than 1 pound in a single week is unhealthy for your body and will come back to you sooner or later.
    It is possible for you to lose 2 pounds in a healthy manner in these two weeks and it is quite simple.

Calculated from your given height and weight measurements your Basal Metabolic Rate (Amount of calories your body needs in a day to survive) is 1621 calories per day.
    That means in order to maintain your current weight you need to be consuming roughly 2229 calories in a day.
    A guideline to healthy weight loss is taking 500 calories consumed in a day combined with exercise.

Just following this guideline will have to 2 pounds lighter in 2 weeks time.
    If you feel that you need to lose more weight than this you can look into dietary pills and patches, but it is essential for you understand that losing more weight than 1 pound a week is detrimental to the longevity of your health and the pounds that you lose will come back to you once you stop taking the supplements.

Also, limit unsaturated fats and completely eliminate trans fats.

This is how your caloric consumption should be broken down.
    -40-60% of calories should come from carbohydrates (simple and complex sugars, including glucose, sucrose and fibers.)
    -20-30% of calories from proteins (you need complete proteins for your body's well being. Meats, fish, soy, and quinoa provide complete proteins)
    -20-30% of calories from fat (limit unsaturated fats and aim to completely eliminate trans fats. Saturated fats are the way to go.)

I think I've copied that guideline into 3 posts in the last half hour..

Anyway, in short, follow that guideline, consume 1729 calories in a day, and exercise.
    You may not lose all the weight you want by the end of the 2 weeks, if you continue to do it, in 30 weeks you will have lost 30 pounds, without harming your health.
    lelebaby1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 05:33 AM
    Comment on dave146's post
    It is very sarcastic and people don't need this when they feel they have a problem to approaching subjects with care as you don't know of that persons feelings!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Lose weight in 2 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 weeks off, then I'm off on a sunny beach holiday! Any regimes - diet and home exerices I can do in these 2weeks to at least lose 5 kilos? Thanks

Want to lose 20 lbs in at least 3 or 4 weeks but temporarily restricted from walking [ 2 Answers ]

How can I lose 20lbs in 3 of 4 weeks? I just had surgery on my leg so I'm kind of restricted from walking as much as I used to.

My girlfriend ended it a few weeks ago and I don't want to lose her [ 1 Answers ]

We had been dating for about 4 months. She was stressing out about everything and told me that she loves me but doesn't want to hurt me by not seeing me as much. She is a stubborn hard nosed person and wants to figure stuff out on her own right now. She heard that I was crying over it and she said...

View more questions Search