Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2006, 05:49 AM
    Suggestions for positive change.
    I currently email my senators and representatives, at least weekly.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for positve change in government I can pass along to them.

I have dialog with them since to keep on them until they answer.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 05:51 AM
    How about quit adding extra crap to bills that have nothing to do with the bill?
    I don't know what the term for this is, but I hear complaints about it on and off over the years... and I'm sorry but I can't think of a specific example...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2006, 06:37 AM
    Line veto for president to cut out the "pork"

Term limits for Congress to stop the lifetime benefits.

Do away with filibusters ( of make the people really stand there and talk not just say it is and don't actually do it)
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2006, 07:57 AM
    A positive change to help boost the US would be to back US currency with silver that is still valid today.

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest. With the stroke of a pen, President Kennedy declared that the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank would soon be out of business.

By doing this we would do away with the Federal Reserve System, a private corporation, who earns unknown amount of interest on fiat money.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Hi,
    This last session of Congress ended with NOTHING accomplished; except for trying to keep their seats come Nov. They talked about the Flag, and gay marriages, trying to build American support for "traditional" feelings, trying to put up a front for re-election. It didn't work with me!
    They also "bypassed" increasing the minimum wage, but raised their own salaries! They are not on Social Security, do not contribute to Social Security, and therefore want no changes, which do affect most Senior Citizens, now a very large voting population.
    They bypassed the important issues, such as Iraq, Social Security, Health Care, and decent jobs. As long as this continues, there is nothing you can say or do to change anything.
    The only change will come when the Voters get them out of office, hopefully with some new "blood". As another mentioned, they won't even pass a law against "pork", giving millions and millions to WV, through Byrd, who built a military base, never used!
    They should also outlaw PACT; getting their campaign money strickly from personal donations from supporters. As long as lobbyists are legal, nothing will ever change.
    Many new candidates now in our local area are talking about the above, which is little different than in past campaigns.
    Congress will never limit their terms either; cause why would one want to do away with a Congressional Retirement system, that over a lifetime, will give them Millions of taxpayer dollars, still having a Health Insurance System that we as "little people" cannot get!
    I could go on and on, but you did ask for questions to ask your representatives, and I'll bet you don't get any good answers!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 30, 2006, 07:38 AM
    Frankly I am waiting for the revolution lol. I know people think that is more joke than not, but there are quite a few who are sincere in this. A bloodless one, hopefully, but one that returns us to a government that represents the people since its been straying consistently off that path since Nixon resigned, in my humble opinion.

Meanwhile, good luck?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 30, 2006, 08:56 AM
    I hate lobbyist! And campaign money is nothing but a slush fund that guarantees that a rich man will be president. I blame the people as much as the politicians as they only can do what we let them do! If everyone who is eligible to vote did, it may be a different story.:cool: :p
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 30, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Hey Val - I think you'll have a few volunteers from this side of the pond when your revolutions comes ;) and - No - I don't think we would be interferring in another countries politics.

After WWII our politicians used and abused yours as much as yours did ours - Harold Wilson being a perfect example. We were completely separate countries. Remember, our war started in 1939 so the "Old Ally" 103% doesn't quite work :D

Something happened during Maggie Thatcher's time which gave Uncle Sam leverage and the upper hand. Since this time, Uncle Sam has only needed to say "Jump!" and our governmental response ( both Labour and Tory ) has been " How high ??". I for one would dearly love to know the reason. :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any more suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't started anything to lighten my under arms. I have been reading all your experieces and greatly appreiate your input. I'm medium/dark tan skin and have pretty dark underarms, knees and inner thighs. This has always been an issue for me and have waited too long to do something about...

Need Some Suggestions [ 17 Answers ]

Well, My Problem Is My 9 Mth Old Daughter Will Not Sleep In Her Own Bed. She Will Not Sleep Anywhere Without Me! I Try To Put Her In Her Crib, But She Just Won't Go In There. She Thinks It Is For Playing In, And Not For Sleeping In. I Am Not A Big Fan Of Letting Her Cry It Out, But If That Is The...

Positive Affirmations [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find a positive affirmation that I can go by? About a month and a half ago, I had the worst heartbreak of my life. I still can't seem let go of the hurt and anger I am feeling. I need an affirmation I can stay focused on. Any help will be appreciated!

Positive affirmations [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find a positive affirmation that I can go by? About a month and a half ago, I had the worst heartbreak of my life. I still can't seem let go of the hurt and anger I am feeling. I need an affirmation I can stay focused on. Any help will be appreciated!

View more questions Search