Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifer1010 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Nov 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Time travel
    Can anyone give me some scientific details and stuff backing up time travel.
    I mean I still don't understand why people want to time travel.. aren't there great consequences? Altering our time etc. Is time travel religiously moral? I don't believe God would want us messing with the world if he mad it as is... I just want some opinions.

Thanks in advance
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 02:37 PM

Look up the Wikipedia article about time travel.

In the short version, in theory a ship moving at the speed of light or faster would time travel back into the past... however (also in theory) a ship can't go that fast. Even in Star Trek they use a technology that moves space around the ship, not the ship itself, to overcome this fact.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Nov 29, 2008, 06:26 PM

I wouldn't worry about it: there is very little (if any at all!) real effort to travel in time.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2008, 08:30 PM

Somewhere in the teachings I had in the past,it was explained to me that god has an angel at the portal of time with a flaming sword,this angel was there to stop anything trying to pass the threshold of time.

That's all I can remember about the religious aspect.

The rest of the time travel idea comes from the human mind,fantasy,not anywhere a reality.

KBC
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 03:24 AM

We all travel through time at the rate of 1 second/second. This is because we are MAGICAL.
    jennifer1010 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    We all travel through time at the rate of 1 second/second. This is because we are MAGICAL.
    Lol... xD
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 1, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I stand corrected... there are no substantive efforts to modify the current rate of progression. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time travel western [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you can help my wife is looking for a movie and cannot think of the title but the premis is a man, possibly a sherriff goes back to the old west if any one has a clue please let me know Thanks

Time Travel. Read! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey so the story is on this link right here Uh Oh: Russians Think Time Machine Is Right Around The Corner - Geekologie Please give it a look. This is a safe website so no worries. But I am scared from what I read.

Keyboard used for time travel. [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is a really old movie definitely on vhs. I have been wondering what this movie is forever in starts in the future I believe and they somehow make it back in time. There is not much I remember about it all that sticks in my mind is whatever they used to get back in time is broken so they...

Need name of old time travel movie from 80s [ 3 Answers ]

I used to own this movie, but it has escaped my ownership and it's killing me that I can't remember the name of it. I'd really like to own it again. I think it may have been a TV movie, but I'm pretty sure its not. It also may be a disney, not I'm not sure on that either. It is a movie about a...

View more questions Search