Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LMertins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Trane XL80 Air Filter
    My daughter and her husband recently purchased their house and are remodeling. I asked about the filter in the furnace if they had changed it with all the dust caused by the remodel. It has not been changed so I went to change it and cannot locate the filter anywhere. I thought it would be in the grated part on the door there is none there unless that is where it is supposed to be. They have a heat pump hooked up with this furnace I don't think the filter would be there. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Larry
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 26, 2008, 01:42 PM
    The only thing you can do is look on the return air side of the furnace for a slot where a filter is or it could have been put in the blower door on the suction side of the motor. There is no set place to put one except somewhere on the return air side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the filter on my Trane XL80? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, please don't laugh. I've read the owner's manual and the Trane site a couple times now. It's totally gobbledygook to me. So here are my silly questions: --The manual talks about upflow, upflow installed horizontally, and downflow. Our unit has the "grated" part on the bottom, which I...

Trane xl80 [ 5 Answers ]

The heater will run for awhile and then I will get the @ Flashes code! External Lockout (Retries or Recycles Exceeded) What will solve this problem? Dorsia

Trane XL80 upgrade to 90K [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 60K furnace with no air conditioning. It is about 15 years old. I want to upgrade the furnace to a 90K which I remember was supposed to be easy to do by simply replacing the jets with larger 90k units. But now the furnace installation company (original factory approved...

Trane Xl80 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Keep getting the blinking light on the control panel. Flashes 4 times it say's it means that the thermal protection device is open. O.K. what does that mean . And can I fix or do I have to call a repair man Thanks Jimmyd

View more questions Search