Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Nov 26, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Flexible T-joint at home
    Hello, I want to know in general how to connect the end of an ~ 1 in. hollow steel tube to a similar tube in a T-joint way, except that this connection has to be flexible, i.e. the angle between the tubes could be anything with two degrees of freedom. Is there an easy way to do this connection with parts from a hardware store? The connected tubes do not have to be continuous with each other or air-tight, because this is not for plumbing or the like - just connected through a joint. Appreciate any suggestion. H.
    mark_proulx Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2008, 08:43 PM
    A bit more information about the application would be helpful (at least to me). Some questions that come to mind right away are:

• Does the joint experience constant movement, or is the purpose of the flexibility simply to accommodate misalignment?
    • Does the joint carry any load when in use?
    • Is the desired action along the lines of a ball joint or hinge, or could a flexible element suffice?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2008, 09:22 PM

We have supplied answer after answer for this exact question,what is it that you don't quite understand?

Nov 29, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    We have supplied answer after answer for this exact question,what is it that you don't quite understand?
    Sorry, I was just trying to help. I didn't know that the real title of this site was "Abuse Me."
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_proulx View Post
    Sorry, I was just trying to help. I didn't know that the real title of this site was "Abuse Me."
    I wasn't asking you mark, this poster has asked this for a few days and has had many answers to this exact question,we ALL asked for a description of application and got blown off.

Maybe you'll get a better response than we did.

Sorry to spoil your fun.:(

KBC

Nov 30, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I wasn't asking you mark, this poster has asked this for a few days and has had many answers to this exact question,we ALL asked for a description of application and got blown off.

Maybe you'll get a better response than we did.

Sorry to spoil your fun.:(

KBC
    Oops... sorry for the misunderstanding. Being new to this site, I didn't appreciate the situation...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Co-Owner in Default of Joint Loan Joint Tennants [ 5 Answers ]

I own a house with my ex boyfriend. He left the relationship, the house (left on his own accord), moved away to another state and stopped paying anything for the house payment and HOA fees for the past 3 months. Technically, he has abandoned the property. The deed is Joint Tennants with Right of...

What is the process of Joint Home Loan Tax Benefit [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I have taken a joint home (me +wife) loan , from LIC Housing Finance, for Rs. 22,25,000 for 20 yrs. Wife is primary and I am secondary loan applicant . Also for the property, she is primary applicant and I am secondary. I wish to know, that what is the process of sharing the Home...

Fix leak at joint from city meter to home [ 2 Answers ]

Have leak at joint where the city water comes into the house. Will silicone caulk work?

Flexible space [ 2 Answers ]

What is the flexible space and how do I use it?

View more questions Search