Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walliss34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Installing used Burnham oil furnace
    I purchased a Burnham V-8 series 4 section furnace from a plumber who said it had been used for only 6 months. I installed it where my old furnace was and connected the electric and thermostat, opened the water and let it fill the water jacket and then turned on the main switch. The circulator pump came on. Nothing at the gun. I hit the rest button it does nothing. There is power to the burner as the red light comes on when manually trip the reset. But burner does not run at all.

Also, related isssue is the fuel tank is full, I went to turn off the valve at the bottom of the tank and the knob just spun right off. So I got needle nose visegrips and used as a petcock handle and the valve shaft just spins round and round, seems to do nothing. At pump, very little oil seeps from the line, is this normal? I figured there would be plenty of pressue in the line to fill the new filter canister, but it just seeps from the line. What do you think? TIA Bill
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 26, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Your best bet with all those problems is to find someone local to sort it out. Basically you are almost doing a complete install.
    walliss34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Well, actually I did have an installer come and he found a few issues, things I would not have checked. Good thing he came, thanks for your feedback though. Have a nice Holiday!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burnham jubilee boiler [ 5 Answers ]

Have a1960'S burnham jubilee boiler, turns on but house doesn't heat up. Pressure gauge reads nothing. What could be problem. How to fix?

Installing a new furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I just received a quote on the installation of a new furnace. The home is small (940 s.f.) The quote was for a single stage Goodman, 80% eff. 70k BTU. The furnace sells on-line for $625.00. The quote was $2100.00. Seems high. Any advice? Thanks - Rollout

Circulator for Burnham boiler [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an old house with a Burnham Jubilee boiler. It most be at least 40 years old but checked out fine when I had it cleaned out and serviced. My system has one circulator and three zones. A honeywell aquastat L8024 controls everything. Lately I've noticed that the circulator is running...

Burnham boiler and ventilator (exhaust) no chimney [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a burnham oil burner in my house of 2 1/2 years. Since my first heating season I've had a strong smell of burning oil in my basement and first floor. In 2 years the boiler has been cleaned 4 times. The boiler will randomly just shut down on its own and then a few hours later I can...

Installing transfer switch at gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased the Reliance TF201W Easy / Tran switch. I'm planning to install it so I can run my gas furnace off my generator via extension cord this winter if necessary. The installation instructions show the switch being wired into the breaker panel. My breaker panel is in a finished basement...

View more questions Search