Ask
    yvonne45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 10:18 AM
    How do I prime my piston pump
    I would like some help with priming my piston water pump , please
    Only done jet pumps before thanks
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Nov 26, 2008, 05:45 PM

The long and short of priming is getting all the air out of the pump and intake lines. You probably can figure this out on your own. Your question is too vague.
    fudgeeo Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Nov 26, 2008, 05:59 PM

Basically, you just need to make sure that there is somewhere for the air to escape on the outlet side of the pump. This may mean loosening a fitting, or running your water in a sink or something (I know very little about water systems in houses etc. but I do know about pumps).

The pump will pump out the air and water should follow.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 29, 2008, 08:09 AM
    QUOTE]Basically, you just need to make sure that there is somewhere for the air to escape on the outlet side of the pump.[/QUOTE] That doesn't sound right to me.
    The reason your pump won't pull water is because there's air in the inlet,(suction) side of the pump. Most poston pumps aree self priming. This could be a faulty check/foot valve.
    What's the brand and model of your pump? Let me know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

How to prime a pump [ 2 Answers ]

How do I prime a pump that I have for irrigation, water pumped from lake.

How do I prime the pump [ 6 Answers ]

I recently broke my irriagation pipes to my lawn watering system... I have them all reppaired how do I prime the pump.. it just runs no water coming out Bob

Well pump will not prime. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Recently I had a break in my water line going between the well pump and the pressure tank. It happened over night while I was asleep. When I awoke I heard the well pump running in the basement. When I finally went to inspect it I found my basement completely full of water. ...

Pump prime [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my prime on the pump for my home well. My question is how to prime?

View more questions Search