Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tclueless Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
    So Lost Someone Help Please...
    How can you tell ovulation if you have an irrigular period for instance I only have a period every 3-5 months and when I do have one it is very light and only 3 days long I have never been to an ob/gyn and currently have not the funds to see one any suggestions theories or advice all welcome thanks:eek:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 04:03 AM
    If you were here living in canada. All of that kind of care is all taken care of and is covered. It is better to see a ob/gyn. Have you always had a irregular period like this. There could be many causes for it. As far as ovulation. It would be really hard to figure out if you only have your period three-five months. They have ovulation kits at the drug store that actually tell you when it is close to your ovulation time. Another way, is to check your temperature. If your temperature is peaking then your close to your ovulation. If your looking at dates, and times and are getting frustrated could change your period. Diet as well can effect it. There are so many other things but without the advice of a ob/gyn it is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Joe
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 29, 2006, 05:03 AM
    You can also try different sites that will help you keep an eye out for the signs of the onset of your cycle...
    www.fertilityfriend.com
    www.mymonthlycycle.com

These are two that helped me when my cycle was all wacked last year... Try going to planned parenthood too. They may be able to help with the dr part.
    tclueless Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 29, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Yes I have always been irregular but it use to not be as far apart as the 3-5 month span between it was normally different dates and then have a month lapse... thank you for all the help I have another question about buying an over the internet booster pill to help with fertility... what do you think on that?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 29, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Where do you live.
    Second there is always away to get in to see the doctor.
    Third start taking you temprature in the morning before getting out of bed.
    When it goes up you are ovulating.
    You can also buy ovulation detecting test at a lot of stores
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 29, 2006, 11:07 PM
    I wouldn't buy the over the net booster things... A dr hasn't checked you out and you never know what the side effects could be. Not to mention it could be someone just trying to rip you off and get your hopes up. Find a way to see a dr. That is your only safe bet.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 30, 2006, 01:06 AM
    If you live in the usa there is always some kind of free clinic you can got to.
    Tell me the state you live and I will see if I can find the clinics for you
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 30, 2006, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tclueless
    how can you tell ovulation if you have an irrigular period for instance i only have a period every 3-5 months and when i do have one it is very light and only 3 days long i have never been to an ob/gyn and currently have not the funds to see one any suggestions theories or advice all welcome thanks:eek:
    Honey, you need to get your body checked and get a clean bill of health first, before trying to conceive.. It's the only body you have, so you should take care of it.

We all know that it's not normal to have menses so far apart, and that there could be many reasons for the cause of your irregularity.. What if you have a few cysts; or scars from an infection; or worse? Don't you want to know what is going on inside you?

Please, please see a doctor and reassure yourself that there is no doubt whatsoever of your health before trying to spend money to carry a baby in a womb that might need medical attention first.

Again, take your body serious - get it checked. Then you can think about producing another life, with the help of a good doctor.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Nothing on the internet can take the place of a physical checkup. Invest in an exam - it's worth more than unknown pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so lost... please help me [ 2 Answers ]

OK forget that last message... I've done it I've had my 1st real kiss and lets just say it was the funniest thing ever, OK my boyfriend kept making grunting noises and stuff and I couldn't help but laugh so, I ended up choking on our spit!hahahaha it was so funny!if you have some funny stories...

Need help I'm lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi got a problem with my PC I think.the other day my PC shut down and said"dumping memory" and told me the problem was "tcpip.sys page fault in monopaged area" does any one know what that means and how I can fix it as I'm lost

Lost dog [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I thought I would post on here since I come here often. It's probably a waste of time but worth a try. If anyone is in Austin, TX. That would be the only help. Ill paste from where I posted it somewhere else. http://austin.craigslist.org/laf/127941033.html

I'm lost... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a close group of friends since high school.   4 years ago, my friends who were a couple broke up... Although I knew of the unspoken rule that you should never go out with your friend's boyfriend... I did. It didn't have a good ending. 9 months later, he broke up with me... stating the...

View more questions Search