Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 11:05 PM
    What dies Jesus mean in this passage?
    Today's Gospel Lesson...
    Luke 21: 12. "But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name's sake.
    13. "It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony.
    14. "So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves;
    15. for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute.
    16. "But you will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death,
    17. And you will be hated by all on account of My name.
    18. "Yet not a hair of your head will perish.
    19. "By your endurance you will gain your lives.
    Jesus tells us that no matter what the bad problems they will experience the must persevere. That is clear.
    Perseverance is a needed work and a strong faith will help us persevere.
    Jesus prophesies that some of his apostles and disciples will be killed bu not a hair on their head will be harmed. How can that be? What dies He mean by this?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Nov 25, 2008, 11:52 PM
    I believe it doesn't mean not a hair on your head will be harmed but will not perish, as in eternal punishment in hell, to perish... because a believer has eternal life and does not perish. Persevere in your faith to gain your eternal spiritual life in Heaven though you will lose your physical life.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 12:06 AM
    tawnynkids
    Thanks Much.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bible passage meaning [ 6 Answers ]

What is the meaning of Matthew 23:1-12? I know it' wording is fairly simplistic but how can I convey it's meaning for us today as a reflection in a contemporary worship service?

27 year old woman bleedng from the back passage [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 27 year old woman, and I've been bleeding from the back passage everyday now since mid feb, I've been to my doctor and I'm now on a waiting list for an internal, there's also blood clots and mucus, the bleeding can sometimes be very heavy and the toilet bowl and water is red with blood! I'm...

Bleeding from back passage [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean if when you wipe u have seem to be bleeding from back passage?

Light's passage into the eyes [ 2 Answers ]

This is quite a difficult question to explain without images but here goes... I understand that when you focus on an object in the foreground any objects in the background are doubled, so if you look at your finger close up you see two chairs in the background where there is only one, and I know...

View more questions Search