Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stoney06 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 08:22 PM
    What is a good proceesor
    I have a laptop with a Mobile AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400 operates at 2.2ghz, 1 MB L2 Cache, Hypertransport Technology up to 1600 MHz system bus. I have no clue what that all means and if that is good or not, could someone tell me what all that means and what is good or what is the best or better? Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
    In my opinion (and many others) AMD makes the best CPUs. The Athlon 64 has won a lot of praise.

What all that means:

Mobile: it means the processor has been optimized for use in laptop applications. It will not run as hot or use as much power (giving longer battery life) then desktop CPUs

AMD Athlon: the company and brand.

64: it's a 64 bit processor as opposed to 32 bit like most Intels. This means it can process twice as many instructions at the same time.

3400: the model, the higher the number the more powerful the CPU

2.2ghz: the clock speed at which the CPU operates

1 MB L2 Cache: Cache is a temporary storage area, L2 is level 2, 1MB indicates the size

Hypertransport: This is an AMD trademark for technology that allows the CPU to operate as if it were 2 separate CPUs, thereby increasing performance

1600Mhz System bus: The system bus is how the CPU communicates with the mother board. The higher this number the faster the communication

Its not the best system out there, but it's a very nice one that should remain viable for a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

Good or bad? [ 19 Answers ]

So there is this guy at work who I get on with really well. We are always telling each other jokes and having a laugh. However, he has recently startd being overly nice. Everyday I come into work, he will shout hello and then follow with "you look very nice today" - it's really nice and made...

Looking for the good in all: [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, How can we find the good in others? Does religion help us to be kinder to others? What do you thinK? Take care, Hope12

View more questions Search