Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarkSmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Journal Entry for Annual Software Maintenance
    I own a small software development business. We charge customers maintenance fees on their software for 12 monthly installments. Should we enter a journal for each month, spreading the revenue evenly across the year, or should we enter the journal in the month it starts from? Our sales people get paid commission for the total invoice when it is sent. Any help for how to account for this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks
    DFK Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 12:29 PM

The revenue should be recorded when the invoice is issued.
    Issuing the invoice should result in a debit to the customers account & a credit to your Maintenance Revenue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry and adjusting entry [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I am new to this site. I am coming across some difficulty with my assignment. If someone can please help me:confused: 1. On may 1st, there was a rent payment for may and June for 4500. THEN 2. I have an adjusting entry for a $1000 of unearned rent. Here is the confusing part to...

Annual Home Maintenance [ 4 Answers ]

Hopefully this isn't to wide of a subject to ask in one post. I have owned my home for 1 year. I know to change the air filter once a month, but that's about it. Can someone give me some pointers on annual upkeep of a brick/aluminum-siding home. Gas and electric... gas heater and electric air. ...

Journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with this journal entry.. "Investors invested $50,000 in the company." :rolleyes: Can someone please help? :)

View more questions Search