Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Nov 25, 2008, 08:59 PM
    The Golden Rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    The Golden Rule comes from the Bible, and it is not and certainly never has been a standard by which atheists live.....
    The golden rules was wellknown long before the first letter was ever started on the first Bible chapter.
    The reality is that the golden rules comes not from the bible. The bible just accepted it as a valid and sound way of life guideline.
    The golden rule is NOT some form of property of Christianity.
    Atheists have - just as all other people - used the golden rule to live a proper , prosperous, and safe life.
    Atheists did not abuse the golden rule for their own views. Many christians however abused - and still abuse - the golden rule to support their own religious delusions.

Believe whatever you prefer, but at least accept that others may have different views !
    Why can't so many "christians" show more respect for other world views, and drop all their apparent feelings of hatred and revenge?

:)

classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 10:18 PM

Cred,

READ THIS CAREFULLY... I am NOT nor ever have I been SASSYT! I was not rude to you but YOU were rude to me. Sorry but the other thread got closed and I want you to understand that you have once again accused me FALSELY. I may have gotten lippy or even SASSY with you but that is IT!! Good golly girdy, go back and read her posts and then read mine! We don't even sound the same... geesh. MEN! You should say you are sorry... that would be the "golden rule" don't you think? Plus it would make me feel good for you to have to eat CROW! ( I forgive you.. someone else thought I was sassyT once too... geesh give me some credit for imagination)
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Cred,

[clip for brevity]

you should say you are sorry...that would be the "golden rule" don't ya think? Plus it would make me feel good for you to have to eat CROW! ( i forgive ya..someone else thought i was sassyT once too...geesh give me some credit for imagination)
    classyT,

If you ever get Cred to even admit, let alone apologize for his abusive behaviour, I will be absolutely shocked.

I have seen people with equal hatred of Christians and Christianity, but never one exhibiting more hatred.

Tom
    -

Nov 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
    .....credit for imagination
    CREDIT??
    As far as your imagination is concerned... sassyT and classyT... what an imagination!!

And as to rudeness : just look in the cyber mirror and observe yourself : you will see a really aggressive and rude person : yourself !

Than start reading your own posts on this board...

Matthew 7:3 comes to mind!!

I note that in your anger you forgot to address the topic question, which was about the golden rule...

:D :rolleyes: :p :) :rolleyes: :D

-

Nov 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    [clip for brevity] ... Tom
    Wrong Tommy : I do not hate Christians and their belief at all. But I do dislike hypocrites!!

Typical Tommy Smith aka Tj3 aka Toms777... lot's of steer waste and innuendo.
    He even "forgot" to address the topic : "the golden rule" , which is much older than the Bible...

Now how could he forget that??

Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:49 AM

Tj3,

I am willing to give Cred the opportunity to prove that he does indeed follow this golden rule and that he doesn't hate anyone.

Cred, you have had an attitude with me from the first time you answered a post on my Catholic, christianity thread. You kind of told me off and I did NOT provoke you... then you proceeded the same behavior on the Halloween thread when you lumped Christians into a bundle and said we were trouble makers and that if there were no Christians perhaps there could be a heaven on earth.

THEN you have fasely accused me of sayinng things that SassyT said to you ( you never forgave them either. That doesn't sound like you are following the godlen rule for poor ol sassyT... might want to work on that) AND worse... accused me of deception. Tsk tsk.. I'm feeling hurt here.

Anyway, please feel free to say your sorry anytime... I am waiting with open arms and great big ol hug. LOL
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    CREDIT ???
    As far as your imagination is concerned ..... sassyT and classyT ..... what an imagination !!!

One more time.. I am NOT sassyT.. AND further more... that is what I am saying to you.. give me some credit for a little more imagination... I wouldn't have called myself sassyT and then ClassyT.. duh?. did I really have to explain that to you?

NOTE________ wait a sec... my paraphrasing of Mathew 7:3 was offense to you? LOL LOL rude? Unkind? DUDE... seriously you better get another agruement OR better yet a sense of humor. That was not mean or unkind.. calling me a simpleton afterwards was though... want to talk hypocritical... ahhh cred. You don't really want to go there do you. I don't know... it is EMBARRASSING to see a grown man dish it out and not be able to take it. Tsk tsk Now about THAT apology... :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Cred,

MEN! you should say you are sorry...that would be the "golden rule" don't ya think?
    ---She did address it.

I don't believe she is sassyT for one because as she said their wording is way too different.
    Nothing against sassy but often I can not follow what she is saying or what her point is but classyT is brief and to the point. Also sassyT seems to be younger than classyT.
    I have seen many people sign up on boards with some moniker that is similar to someone else's and most often it is just a coincidence. Heck, even when I sign up for a new email address or a new board or something on the internet it tells me several times I have to use something different because the name is already taken.

P.S. I have seen cred acknowledge when he is wrong (not always but a couple times) but don't hold your breath.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tj3
    The Golden Rule comes from the Bible, and it is not and certainly never has been a standard by which atheists live..... .
    That's entirely false of course.

The "golden rule" is also known as the "Ethic of reciprocity" and is certainly not a concept originally thought of in the bible:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethic_of_reciprocity

Here are versions of the golden rule in various religions: Versions of the Golden Rule in 21 world religions

I live by this rule as well, plus it's a tenet of my parenting. No bible in our house is required for good morals.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:56 AM

What is the Golden rule?
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:56 AM
    CREDIT ???

I note that in your anger you forgot to address the topic question, which was about the golden rule ....

LOL. I liked that. Cred. I am NOT angry... sounds like a little PROJECTION to me.. but then what do I know?
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Oh never mind just saw NK's Link
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:59 AM
    LOL. I liked that. Cred. I am NOT angry....sounds like a little PROJECTION to me.. but then what do i know?
    Catching on very quickly :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    ---She did address it.

I don't believe she is sassyT for one because as she said their wording is way too different.
    Nothing against sassy but often I can not follow what she is saying or what her point is but classyT is brief and to the point. Also sassyT seems to be younger than classyT.
    I have seen many people sign up on boards with some moniker that is similar to someone elses and most often it is just a coincidence. Heck, even when I sign up for a new email address or a new board or something on the internet it tells me several times I have to use something different because the name is already taken.

P.S. I have seen cred acknowledge when he is wrong (not always but a couple times) but don't hold your breath.
    Thank you Nohelp. If I were sassyT.. I'd say so.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 09:19 AM

BTW I agree with NK's post about the golden rule being here in many forms.
    To add one example of following the golden rule:
    The Bible:
    You reap what you sow
    The Hood:
    What goes around comes around
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 09:46 AM

In my opinion I don't think the golden rule is a bible thing. I never read the bible and never paid attention in religion class and I have always lived my life by that rule. It's just common sense.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 09:57 AM

Spit,

Well Jesus actually said to" do unto to others as you would have them do unto you." So it IS a bible thing. I agree that it is common sense AND good manners. But in reality it goes against our very nature to do it. I think I am proving my point REALLY well with Cred. He was WRONG and yet he would rather do anything but apologize. Including placing blame anywhere but on himself. Frankly, it isn't as easy as it seems to some people.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 10:17 AM
    But in reality it goes against our very nature to do it.
    I don't think so. I think our nature is to be social animals and the ethic of reciprocity allows healthy communal living. No doubt there are individuals that are selfish and self-centered but I don't think that's the norm.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 10:35 AM

But really if you look at the 10 commandments aren't they all just common sense. Don't steal, don't kill, obey your parents, etc... The only ones that aren't common sense are the first 3 commandments.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Wrong Tommy : I do not hate Christians and their belief at all. But I do dislike hypocrites !!!
    I have yet to see a single post dealing with Christianity where you have not been abusive with respect to Christianity and Christians - one need only look at your posts in this thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Golden showers [ 5 Answers ]

Is it OK to recieave them with out any problems

6 year old Golden that won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

My buddy Doug is a 6 year old Golden. He has had health problems before (allergies, ear infections, hot spots). Just recently he developed a hot spot on his face. After three days of trying to get it to go down I relented and took him to the VET. He was ordered to take Prednisolone, and...

New Golden [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my boyfriend and I are getting a new golden retriever puppy in the next couple weeks. The breeder said that we can come and get her anytime after she is 7 weeks old. I have heard that taking a puppy from its mother in the 7th week can be bad. Should we wait until 8 weeks or is it okay to...

Golden Rule: [ 19 Answers ]

Is the independent value of a person implied in the Golden Rule, e.g. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" (Luke 6:31, Matt. 7:12) HANK :)

View more questions Search