Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    husky04 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 25, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Girlfriend of 1 year and 3 months wants to be done. Is she worth it?
    I really don't know where to start... first off, I am 17 years old, and dated an amazing girl since last September. Everything was great. First, she told me she wanted a break. For no reason, all she said is we fought too much. And she wanted to let loose with other guys. My friends tell me she isn't worth it, but I always thought she was the one. Yeah I'm young, but I feel like I could never feel like this with anyone else ever, soooo many memories. We pretty much planned our whole life together. We "thought" we were so in love. I still feel like I am. Just a little bit on her, this is the girl I've been totally drooling over for 4 years now. Everything was going great I thought, I treated her like royalty. But at times she was very mean and cruel to me. She got mad about the smallest things.

Now this past weekend, 3 days after she dumps me, she hooks up with 2 guys in 2 days, and now thinks she has a lot of feelings for this guy. She told me I'm never allowed to talk to her again. But a week ago she told me maybe we could date in a couple months. Now she never wants to talk to me again. Just because of our past I feel like maybe we could get back together in a few years. She already has moved on after 3 days. I just can't get her out of my head, everything I do reminds me of her. She really makes no sense. But I am so lost, and really don't want to move on, some girls are so shallow, and I really don't see anyone right now who could replace her. I just need some help on how to move on for this specific situation, and hopefully move on without her. I just can't help but think about all of our amazing times together, and can never think of the bad ones. Believe me there was a lot of bad times. But we had so many magical times together, she was definitely my first love, and I wanted her to be the one. I still think she is. Do you think she will realize I am the one for her and come running back? Or is it over?

Nov 25, 2008, 06:25 PM

Also, I forgot to post this, she said she has absolutely no feelings for me anymore, which is hard to hear, but is really hard to believe because she has said things she didn't mean in the past..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 07:39 PM

You spend so much time planning a lifetime that you fail to remember how hard it is to just get through a week with someone.

How you feel about her is almost beside the point here. She's sleazing out and your feelings about it mean nothing to her. Don't you see that?

So, she occasionally deems to offer you a carrot that MAYBE you two can date some more later when she's done sleazing out with whomever she wants. This is a good thing in your mind? I certainly hope not.

Wouldn't it be awesome to be going out with someone who is totally into you... right now? Not just a little in the past, but ACTUALLY into you today? Wouldn't that be better?

Pining after sleaze-girl feels romantic, but think about what you get if she changes her mind and comes back to you... you know what you get? You get sleaze girl! How is that a good thing?

It really is OK if you police yourself in these matters. When your heart is screaming "but I want her, I want her" and everything your mind and life know about the truth is that she's no good for you anymore, in that situation you have to overrule your heart. It wants what it wants and doesn't care if it screws up your life or your mind.

So you have to be stronger than that. You can do it.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 07:55 PM

Ok so let me get this right

She dumps you seconds after goes out with 2 other guys. Yes?

Bloody hell mate. What the hell are you doing even thinking about this women

She does not care for you AT ALL!
    She does not want to be with you. AT ALL.
    She is going out with different guys.

and you still want her back? shall i just call you FIDO the DOG? or what

Grow a pair right. Leave this chick in the dust. OK. And get on with your life. Because all your friends are right!
    I know its hard to hear the truth.. but her actions have shown you.. what she really thinks about you.

Which is not a lot

She has shown you no respect.
    And you have shown yourself no respect
    But
    A--- Putting up with it! (because you think you won't feel these feelings against? Wrong!)

B-- For wanting a girl back. That treats you with no respect care or love.

You said you had many good times?

Yeah well. All them times got deleted the second she dumped you and told you never to call her again and started dating other guys.

Memories a stranger

Don't let the feelings fool you.
    smurf69 Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Nov 25, 2008, 08:05 PM

Hey buddy I'm going through the same thing right now and the best thing you can do is get on with your life

Nov 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Obviously I need to move on, its simple, the girl wants to be a whore right right now, but what if she comes around and realizes she made a bad decision. And if I'm not right and she never comes back, how do I get these feelings out and memories and thoughts out of my head?

Nov 25, 2008, 08:20 PM

You probably won't get feelings and memories of her out of your head ever but 1 thing is for sure you will get stronger feelings for someone else and better memories

By the way I'm 17 2 I know exactly how you feel

Nov 25, 2008, 08:26 PM

And to the other posts, I wouldn't say seconds after but it was 3 days after. I think its disrespectful to do that to a guy who treated you so well. I just can't stand picturing my first love with another guy. She said I cared too much about her, and she felt like I was trying to hard.. I just don't get women

Nov 25, 2008, 08:29 PM

I don't think us guys ever will they must think just because we are guys we don't have feelings you no
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Nov 25, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf69 View Post
    i dont think us guys ever will they must think just because we are guys we dont have feelings u no
    To be honest, I have heard many women surprised to learn, through various incidents and conversations, that men are hurt by these types of things. They've been conditioned to believe a certain thing about the male psyche that isn't necessarily accurate, just as we have about them. If you talk about it with your buddies, they'll almost always give a nodding sign of understanding.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 08:35 PM

Seconds... or 3 days?

Oh sod off with that will you.

Really man don't you dare try to defend her.

And real smart man. You want her to go off and be a whore.. and then if she comes back crying.. because of all the guys she tried.

Your willing to take her back?

Grow an Fing! Back bone! And leave this chick the Hell ALONE! For your own good you
    Muppet! Please please!

Yeah well first loves move on man. Mine did. So did many others.
    We don't think about them with other guys. Because they are not our problem anymore.

We think about ourselves! And what we learnt from the relationship!
    And how better off we will be when the next girl comes around.

3 days... Ha! That makes it all better.
    Stop lying to yourself.
    And move on man

Nov 25, 2008, 08:36 PM

I think there are good women out there, some like the one I was with maybe was a little self centered? I don't know if that's the word. But its like she only cares about her feelings and her life and could care less about the guy who she called her everything and all that crap. I ripped up everything she gave me, including a scrapbook she made for me which was very, very difficult.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 08:45 PM

You got it right man Self Centered..

and as I said. She does not care about you.

Wait till you meet a women that reall cares about you man :)

then you will understand why I'm pisst that you want a person like this back in your life =)

Your doing great DELET everything!
    and block her from your life

This time is all about YOU. You. You .YOU

Work on yourself
    do things to make yourself happy

trust me. You will be so much better off without her in your life

not to sound corny here
    but it's a start Down a new road for you!

Don't make the same mistakes and just enjoy the ride! :P yeah it's a B@@H when you get a falt! But keep on moven!

Regards

Nov 26, 2008, 08:59 PM

I feel like I'm doing pretty good, I just can't stop thinking of the girl.. everything I do reminds me of her. It sucks. There were so many bad memories but right now I just can't help but think of the good ones. Which was a lot less then the bad ones.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 26, 2008, 09:57 PM

It's like getting a song stuck in your head, the more you try to NOT think of the song, the more it plays...

This is the same thing. You'll take some time to get her tune out of your head. Take it easy, don't beat yourself up for thinking of her, but also don't put any feet to any of those thoughts. Let them come, then let them go.
    dynamiteking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Not worth it.
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Nov 26, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by husky04 View Post
    i feel like im doing pretty good, i just can't stop thinking of the girl.. everything i do reminds me of her. it sucks. there were so many bad memories but right now i just can't help but think of the good ones. which was alot less then the bad ones.
    Look good or bad memories will always stick around. I'm sure you can still picture vividly good times you had as a kid and bad. What matters is how you react. You embrace those and know they were good. Instead of thinking of the memories in a bad think to the day that you can enjoy that again with another woman. Look back and once the dust has settled you'll realize it probably wasn't a good relationship. And if you don't than you will go through all this for nothing.

Nov 27, 2008, 01:15 PM

She has now moved on to another guy, after hooking up with him the first time they spent time together, now they have feelings for each other and are probably going to date. Her friends are telling me she is so happy with him and he tells her she is amazing and all that. I don't know what I did wrong, I wrote 14 poems for this girl and gave them all to her. They were really good poems too. I told her I loved her everyday and reminded her that she was the most perfect girl out there. But I didn't say it too much to overwhealm her. I really thought I wasn't doing anything wrong. She got mad about the smallest things and blew them up. Now she is saying she doesn't care about my feelings at all and does not even love me anymore? After a week. Is that even remotely possible?
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Nov 27, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by husky04 View Post
    she has now moved on to another guy, after hooking up with him the first time they spent time together, now they have feelings for each other and are probably going to date. her friends are telling me she is so happy with him and he tells her she is amazing and all that. i dont know what i did wrong, i wrote 14 poems for this girl and gave them all to her. they were really good poems too. i told her i loved her everyday and reminded her that she was the most perfect girl out there. but i didnt say it too much to overwhealm her. i really thought i wasnt doing anything wrong. she got mad about the smallest things and blew them up. now she is saying she doesnt care about my feelings at all and does not even love me anymore? after a week. is that even remotely possible?
    You didn't do anything wrong is that aspect. People change and with that change comes new things. Accept it and do not dwell on what she is doing. As far as her she definitely doesn't know what she wants so let to attempt to figure it out. You knew what you wanted. She doesn't offer that so more on.

Nov 27, 2008, 01:35 PM

Do you think there is any chance of her coming back? If so, do I take her back after what she did to me. I'm sure there is no chance of that happening anymore though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend and I haven't had sex in almost 3 months [ 14 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a little longer than 2 1/2 years now and everything was going great for quite a while. We had a pretty frequent sex life- in fact I was pretty damn spoiled starting. Well for about 9 months or so it started to die off a little bit and for the past 3...

My girlfriend of 9 months seems to not want to see or talk to me anymore [ 5 Answers ]

OK so we have been going out nine months now and I love her so much and I think she loves me still but lately things have been really strange. 70% of the time when I call she doesn't answer and later makes a convenient excuse about it. She hardly ever calls me anymore she doesn't text me anymore...

EX-girlfriend situation [ 14 Answers ]

so me and this girl went out for about a year, had a very intense relationship where we hung out everyday and eventually she became so needy and clingy that I couldn't bear it anymore and dumped her... she had serious self-esteem issues that she needed to fix in order for her to give me breathing...

Had to skip a months worth of pills.period still? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been on the pill since may of this year and this month (nov) is the first month I haven't had any of my pills. A lot has been going on and I wasn't able to afford them. So, I didn't get to take them. Normally on the pill I have my period (normally and usually) the last three days of the...

Dumped after one months worth of dating, but I want to get back together [ 11 Answers ]

I understand from reading a few of the posts on this website that the key thing to do is to absolutely have no contact. However, I'm head over heels for this girl. She broke up with me after a month of dating, saying that she didn't think we "romantically clicked," though we seemed to hit it...

View more questions Search