Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitlinabigail Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Chances of jail time for a class b theft in Texas
    I was charged with a class b theft charge in the amount of $54 dollars.It is my first offense.What is the likelihood of getting jail time for this offense?Do they usually just give you a fine on a first offense or a fine and jail time?Is it something that I will definitely need a lawyer for?Ive never dealt with anything like this before so I don't really have any information on any of it.If you have any answers for me it would be greatly appreciated.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Nov 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
    You should try and get the charge lowered to a class c misdemeanor w. some type of diversion,then the charge can expunged after a certain amount of time. Your not going to go to jail especially if it's your 1st time getting in trouble.
    kaitlinabigail Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 01:46 PM

Would I need a lawyer to get the charge lowered to a class c?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time on a first time probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

How much jail time on a first time felony probation violation

Jail for theft [ 2 Answers ]

Would I go to jail for theft out of a store? Even if I have gotten in trouble twice before, just not for theft?

What are my chances of going to jail for a dirty ua I am on probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation and gave a diry ua my probation officer says she will recommend rehab what are my chances of going to jail if I am revoked

Theft under 5000$ - how can I increase my chances of getting a discharge [ 6 Answers ]

I stole a 20$ belt from a department store in BC Canada - I'm 26 and have never been involved with the police in any way. Is there any way I can increase my chances of getting discharged by the judge?

View more questions Search