Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Firefox Bookmarks Folder
    I must not be searching right for the answer. Seems like it should be a simple thing...

IE stores Favorites in a normal folder. I have a shortcut to it on my desktop so I can view it like a normal folder instead of the skinny column that it (and FF) displays them in.

Apparently FF stores them differently. All I can find in my Mozilla folder is bookmarks.html - which helps me diddly.

Can I view my FF Bookmarks in a normal folder?

Thanks!
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Jun 28, 2006, 11:19 AM
    No - they don't live in a folder. They live in bookmarks.html :)

You could put a shortcut to that on your desktop - or just export your booksmarks to your desktop... when opened it give a list of bookmarks.

Or go here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.ph...firefox&type=E

That is the list for Firefox "bookmark" related extensions... lots of them.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Bookmarks cannot be accessed from bookmarks.html.

Thanks for the link. Ill check out that bookmark manager.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost bookmarks list [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry not very computer literate.UsingMox Firefox as browser. On logging on yesterday a box popped up asking me to choose I think it was a user forMoxilla which I have never seen before. I chose and now my bookmarks is an old list from a year or so ago, can't find my current one. Any ideas please....

Temp Internet Folder [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how web searches are ending up in the internet web folders marked as cookies? And how to stop it. I can't view anything. As soon as I click on something instead of it opening up it downloads to the temporary internet folder. Thank you!:rolleyes:

My favorites folder [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I gain access to the internet (dialup) , 4 websites appear in my favorites folder. I've never accessed those websites but they appear every time I gain access to the web! Any ideas how I can prevent that from happening? Thanks for your help!!

Highlighted folder in XP [ 1 Answers ]

I installed download accelerator on xp and in the start menu and in the all programs section, the download accelerator bit is a different colour. Why?

Syncit Bookmarks [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what happened to Syncit bookmark utility? They are in New York but they don't seem to have come back online after the blackout.?

View more questions Search