Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boggsryan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Can I use house clean out to dump RV waste?
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I am considering purchasing an RV waste pump that claims that you can run the garden hose waste hose to your house plumbing cleanout. I want to make sure you can really do this before I purchase it. I have a large cleanout cap in my garage. The pump mashes the wasted so it is all liquid when it is pumped out. I don't want to cause any big mess or problems with my home system but it would be very convenient to pump out the RV waste at home. (My RV only has a small, maybe 5 gallon toilet waste tank and about 20 gallon of gray water).

Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2008, 07:59 AM
    I can see no problem with discharging your RV waste into the city system. I would replace the cleanout cover ASAP after you're through pumping to reduce the sewer gas coming out of the cleanout opening. Good luck and thank you for rating my reply.Tom
    boggsryan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    I can see no problem with discharging your RV waste into the city system. I would replace the cleanout cover ASAP after you're through pumping to reduce the sewer gas coming out of the cleanout opening. Good luck and thank you for rating my reply.Tom
    Tom,
    Thanks! What a quick reply. I have to figure out how to do the rating but I sure do appreciate the quick answer. One other quick question (I hope I am doing this right), What I believe to be a clean out is about a 3 or 4 inch PVC cap about 2 feet off the floor in the garage, up against the house. I just want to make sure that it really is a clean out. Is there anything else it could be? I can't seem to find anything else outside that resembles what I think a clean out would look like.

Again Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2008, 08:19 AM
    To give a rating or make a comment click on the scales located on top of this post.
    What I believe to be a clean out is about a 3 or 4 inch PVC cap about 2 feet off the floor in the garage, up against the house. I just want to make sure that it really is a clean out. Is there anything else it could be?
    This would be the house cleanout. There's nothing else it could be.

Good luck and thanks for asking about the comments. . Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hissing noise from all the waste pipes in the house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hissing noise eminating from all the waste pipes in the house which I can hear from the plug holes in the sinks and bath. The noise is loudest down stairs and quieter up stairs. Does anyone one know what's causing this please.

Identifying Waste Line in Old House Basement [ 4 Answers ]

In my 100+ year old home there is an obvious cast-iron sewer stack extending through the house--exposed in the basement. There is also a 3" ABS pipe coming out of the slab floor in another area of the basement. This ABS pipe has no vent (even though the kitchen sink currently drains into it). I...

Magic to clean house [ 13 Answers ]

Does Anyone Know Any Good Magic Spells To Clean My House?

Scott McClellan comes clean - will the White House? [ 5 Answers ]

Even a casual observer of politics would have to say that the Bush administration seems a bit cavalier in matters of life and death and the truth. Now that press secretary Scott McClellan has come clean that Bush and Cheney lied about Plame-Gate, and the spiteful outting of a CIA agent because...

Waste leak under house-crawl [ 1 Answers ]

We have a house built in the 50's in the midwest. It is on a crawl that is very hard to maneuver in. We have had water under there for the better part of a year now and have not been abel to locate the problem. I recently noticed when the washtub empties I see water movement, ever so slight,...

View more questions Search