Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iloveshane Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Hi there. Me and my fiancé are both 20 years of age. We have been Trying to conceive for the past 4 months now. With just no luck at alllllll.
    Well, I got my period last month like normal then we tried again. Yet, on the 21st I got slight pink spotting barely enough for a pantyliner. It stopped except for possibly 2 to 3 spots the next day. Very light pink. Well, today Ive had a few small cramps but nothing like my period. Im not due for my period until around the 4th... but I'm slightly irregular soemtimes so Im not sure exact date.

Could this have been Implantation Bleeding or something else?

Can you have symptoms of pregnancy and a high chance of being so... but just have your mind tell you that you aren't pregnant and just feel like your mind is right and you're never going to be pregnant?
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Nov 25, 2008, 06:19 AM

You could be in denial. Have you done a HPT or gone to the see a doctor yet?

Nov 25, 2008, 06:20 AM
    No HPT yet.

I'm not due for about a week

But the other day I think I had implantation bleeding and I've been having headaches and back aches and I've been tired beyond belief.

But my mind just keeps saying you're not pregnant... you're not pregnant...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 06:20 AM
    I recently delivered a baby to a gal who denied being pregnant at all. As was mentioned above, it's called denial. You should get a pregnancy test if you have missed your period and you think there is even the slightest chance of pregnancy.

Nov 25, 2008, 06:21 AM
    The bleeding that I think was implantation bleeding the other day lasted only a few hours.. was light pink and barely enough for a panty liner.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 06:22 AM
    If your period is not due for another week, you will have to wait to see whether it comes or not.

Nov 25, 2008, 06:23 AM
    So, it's completely possible for me to be pregnant right now?

Or... is my mind right... shouldnt a woman know if she is or isn't..
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Sometimes a woman knows, other times she doesn't. The patient I had recently thought she was just constipated, she was actually 9 months pregnant.

While it's possible for you to be pregnant, it's impossible for us to diagnose you over the internet, it is also impossible to tell quite yet as you haven't missed your period.

Nov 25, 2008, 06:32 AM

What is Implantation Bleeding? - Trying to Conceive Articles

Here's a good site that will probalby help you a lot. This article explains about how the inplantation "works" and will answer your questions about weather your pregnant or not.

Nov 25, 2008, 06:33 AM
    I mean, I've looked at websites...
    But they're all so confusing.. thats why I came here.. for live peoples input
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Anybody can start a website. I am a nurse in the women's health field. If you were my patient I would advise you to wait and see if your period starts. If it does, chances are you are not pregnant, if it doesn't... take a HPT.

Here is some good info on pregnancy.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ert-53866.html

Nov 25, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Well, may I ask your medical opinion on something then

Do you think that what I had was implantation bleeding?
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 06:42 AM
    No, I don't believe in implantation bleeding. You see, what most women consider implantation bleeding is the very early beginning of their period, then the hormone hCG kicks in and stops the period before it comes on.

Look at it this way. The egg, when implanting into the uterus is smaller that a pencil dot. Smaller than that period at the end of this sentence. If you think constructively about that, would something so microscopic cause bleeding? Nah.

If you read the link I provided above, you will see that this is a very rare occurrence and not proven medically.

Nov 25, 2008, 08:45 AM

I didn't know if you was searching the web or not... there are a lot questions people ask on here and it can be found very easily on the web... _E

Nov 26, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I'm Trying to conceive, could I be pregnant finally?
    Hi there. Me and my fiancé are both 20 years of age. We have been Trying to conceive for the past 4 months now. With just no luck at alllllll.
    Well, I got my period last month like normal then we tried again. Yet, on the 21st I got slight pink spotting barely enough for a pantyliner. It stopped except for possibly 2 to 3 spots the next day. Very light pink. Well, today Ive had a few small cramps but nothing like my period. Im not due for my period until around the 4th... but I'm slightly irregular soemtimes so Im not sure exact date.

Could this have been Implantation Bleeding or something else?

Also, Ive had small headaches practically every day and I've been so tired beyond belief that I sleep constantly throughout the day.

Can you have symptoms of pregnancy and a high chance of being so... but just have your mind tell you that you aren't pregnant and just feel like your mind is right and you're never going to be pregnant?
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Nov 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Very well could be a positive sign... everything you are saying are either signs of pregnancy conception (especially the cramping) or stress.

Nov 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
    I just don't know when to test or how common these symptoms are in woman...

Nov 26, 2008, 10:20 PM
    These symptoms are very common in a woman even if your not pregnant. I find they are exaggerated when pregnant and honestly your intuition will be the first judge... well it was with my two. Depending on your cycle (21 or 28) get a test 4 days before or on the day of your next expected period... not before... it will not say anything. If you want to be sure you can request a blood test requisition form from your doctor to ensure that nothing is missed as we know that the urine test can sometimes be inaccurate. So get tested on the 12th or 20th of December... best of luck.

Nov 26, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy; however, one of the most significant pregnancy symptoms is a delayed or missed menstrual cycle. Understanding the signs and symptoms of pregnancy is important because each symptom may be related to something other than pregnancy. Some women experience signs or symptoms of pregnancy within a week of conception. For other women, pregnancy symptoms may develop over a few weeks or may not be present at all. Below is a listing of some of the most common pregnancy signs symptoms. If you have been sexually active and experiencing any of the following symptoms it is important to take a pregnancy test.

Find a Free Testing Center or call 1-866-942-6466

Join our pregnancy forums to discuss your symptoms & more

Free Health Videos for Trying to conceive & Pregnancy
    Implantation Bleeding:

Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.

Free Medicaid Application Assistance
    Delay/Difference in Menstruation:

A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Other Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.
    Swollen/Tender Breasts:

Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, impending menstruation (PMS) can also cause your breasts to be swollen or tender.
    Fatigue/Tiredness:

Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception.

Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.
    Nausea/Morning Sickness:

This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Food poisoning, stress, or other stomach disorders can also cause you to feel queasy.
    Backaches:

Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache throughout an entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Impending menstruation, stress, other back problems, and physical or mental strains.
    Headaches:

The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.
    Frequent Urination:

Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom.

Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.
    Darkening of Areolas:

If you are pregnant, the skin around your nipples may get darker.

Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or may be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.
    Food Cravings:

While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy.

Other Explanations: Poor diet, lack of a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.

Nov 26, 2008, 10:46 PM
    You've been such a great help. The only one replying to this thread and helpign me, lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I Pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Im 3dayz late for my period. I haven't had any cramps but I have been urunatiing more, feel tired and my appetite has increased. I have also got a hard stomach if that means anything? I would like to be pregnant but I don't want to get my hopes up . What do you think ?

Pregnant or not? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm very suspicious as to if my daughter is pregnant or not. She's 18 and she had unprotected sex 2 days ago. She plays many sports and it would be very bad if she was pregnant. What about ec pills or Plan B? She is very active, bytheway. Please help. vic

View more questions Search