Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cp8080 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 09:08 AM
    2000 honda civic problem
    Hey,
    My 2000 honda civic si while driving in 4th gear, kicked out and the engine light came on. A few minutes later the oil light came on and the engine shut off. When I pulled over all the oil leaked out from the bottom. Please help me on why this happened?
    Thanks in an advance
    Cory
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 28, 2006, 09:55 AM
    I have no idea, but it doesn't sound good.

Is your engine ruined? Is there a hole on the bottom of the engine? Did you change oil regularly?

Jun 28, 2006, 10:09 AM
    I don't think the engine is ruined, I turn's over, but then stalls. I do change the oil regularly, but I haven't looked if there is a hole on the bottom of the engine. Have you ever heard of a problem like this? Previous to this I never had any issues with the car.
    Cory
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Check and see if the oil filter or plug came lose. Sometime quick lube outfits don't remove the old oil filter gasket and install a new filter over top of it. It's not long until a major leak develops.

Jun 28, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Would that make the engine shut down? Also what would it take to fix it? Just a new plug and oil?? I'm wishing...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 09:49 PM
    Yes, if the engine seized. IF the problem is an oil filter installed over the old gasket, it would be simple for anyone to remove the filter, remove the old gasket, and install a new filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

Honda Civic (2000) ECU CVT error [ 3 Answers ]

Service diagnostic of my Honda Civic (manufacturing year - 2000) ECU showed the error 30-1. It seems to be the CVT error. Does there anybody know, what this error means? Could it be because of old dirty oil in CVT? The car was driven over 80.000 km, and oil has never changed.

2000 Honda Civic won't start [ 6 Answers ]

Last Sat morning, cranked the starte motor till it finally started, It was rainy and damp. All day started and ran fine. Sunday cranked it over quiite quickly. Monday morning, same thing started instantly. Monday night, car sitting for a while. Raining, when I got in the car, had to crank over the...

Ingnition problem - 2000 Honda Civic Ex [ 1 Answers ]

Experiencing start up problem: Start up with a "Ruhn Ruhn" sound at the initiation of ignition. Eventually it would turn over. Tonight it did not start. The scenario began with the same sounds (above)... and then the attempt at ignition weakened to a "click click" sound. In my past...

View more questions Search